August 3, 2022

Optical Illusion, Sorta

 Kitties, look!  Looks like I am actually on the couch but I'm only in a picture sitting in the front of the couch on the glass coffee table.  Borvver put it as well as 11 others into a Calender he made for Mother's Day for our Mom.

Admiral is in there too..Robin, me even a Katie kitten from many years ago. I think Hopping John is as well.  Gotta be!  That picture below is for the month of July.  Wee Katie, a brown tabbie, is August.  

Oh.  The remote was labled because it looks like the other remote, sound remote,  and it's too easy to pick up the wrong one.  


A tiny hummingbird flew into my deck window and knocked herself out.  It tore me and mom to shreds! She came to though, before mom found something to try to lift her onto.  Aso, now the bees are swarming the feeder.  Mom can't win this year.  It's sad...very sad for us. 



15 comments:

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Those little birds are hardy...tough some of them do not make it when they crash like that. I found a dead nuthatch the other day...no visible marks of how it died, likely from a bad window encounter.

That is a great optical illusion, Katie I.

pilch92 said...

That is a cool photo. We keep having ants climbing the pole to our feeder. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That is a great photo. We are glad the hummingbird survived the crash.

Lynn and Precious said...

What a great gift for your mom Katie. I can't calendar personally made just with your photos and others from your family. I bet your mom loved that. Glad to hear the baby hummingbird flew away safely. Precious

Mickey's Musings said...

GEE! Your brover made a very cool pic for July!
Bet the rest are pawsome too.
Good to hear that the little hummer is OK!
Purrs, Julie

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
What a cute photo and no doubt a great calendar gift for your Mom!
We too are getting wasps and such on our feeder but also hummingbirds; young ones it looks like.
Big hugs,
Mariette

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella your favorite brovver is very talented.
I'm so sorry the bees are covering the HB feeder that happened to me about 4 or 5 years ago. Researching this I discovered that the bees are probably belonged to a bee keeper but lost their way.
I found out much later there was a bee keeper about 2 blocks from home
Hugs Cecilia

Saku said...

That must be a pawsome calendar. Well done favorite brovver!

Mom bean says we gets birds hitting windows here sometimes and she's learned to leave them be (unless they are deaded). They seem to be able to heal themselves with some rest and time.

As for the bees, they can't be getting what they need elsewhere. Plus bees are beneficial for the flowers so there's that.

Eastside Cats said...

All of life is illusory, Katie.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely picture for the calendar, Katie.

catladymac said...

We're glad the hummy came to ok. Those calendars with your own photos are wonderful !

The Island Cats said...

I like that photo of you, Katie. The mom found a hummingbird feeder that the bees can’t get into. She’ll try to find out what type it is and I’ll let you know. Glad that little hummer is okay. We had a bird hit the window really hard and knocked itself out. The way it was lying on the ground, the mom thought it was dead at first. But after about 10-15 minutes or so, it came to and sat for awhile and then flew away.

John Bellen said...

It took me a moment to figure out what was real and what was flat: a real Trompe-l'œil! And as for the bees, well, at least you are doing the world a service with them, as well. I just wish the hummingbirds would come back, too.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

What a great gift - a calendar full of your photos! Our mom put a bird feeder on our window by the balcony, but no birds have visited us yet.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I was fooled by your photo of you sitting on the couch.