March 29, 2022

PTU

Kitties!! I watched mom pick up the PTU a few minutes ago, and she took it to the kitchen to sluice out the furs that have stuck in there the past 5 visits to the v-e-t.  She got that done, and brought it back here to my room.  I never said a word.  

BUT:  I have a bad feeling I am going to get my claws cut ( she is...this Thursday at 0815).   And I also know that it's about time for my exam and blood tests.  If I could read the calender, I would look!( April 15).  I have a bad bad feeling.  I heard mom say to her boys that I was borderline thyroid and kidney disease the past two exams.  Sooner or later she fears, I will be under the gun.  She has already decided to take me to get I-131 when the thyroid goes badly--though my being parted from her that week will be horrible.  She doesn't like to think of me as being afraid.  We haven't been parted except her heart surgery ever,  but I had brovver here.  This way I will be in House of Horrors.  So, mom and I are concerned about my blood test. 

Here I am...patrolling.  And Lizard TV is on. 



29 comments:

Sasha said...

I am feeling for you. Sasha

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh Dear me Katie Isabella, some things are inevitable...good luck to you sympathy to mom and the vet tech
Hugs Cecilia

pilch92 said...

I am sorry you have to go to the vet. I am praying your blood work is good. I wish I had known that eventually the thyroid pills were going to lead to bad kidneys. I would have gone that radioactive route too. XO

The Florida Furkids said...

Purrs and prayers for good bloodwork!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Of course we all send you tons of purrs and prayers sweetie, and gentle hugs too.

catladymac said...

Sending purrayers and POTP that your vet trip goes well - way better than you expect, sweet Katie !

Eastside Cats said...

We are purring for you, Katie!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
So sad that we see our very own kitties develop the same kind of chronic diseases that bother us humans. Except, kitties can never 'voice' their feelings or anything. More guess work.
Tomorrow our siblings will be 15 and we sure hope they stay well for several more years!
Good luck Katie Isabella!
Hugs,
Mariette

Ivan from WMD said...

Katie, my mom noticed I need a clip too, so I get your trepidation. As for the other stuff, it's a ways off yet, so try to relax and have fun.

~Ivan.

Leah said...

Hoping all vet visits go well for you Katie, and all test results are good. Purrs.

The Island Cats said...

I’m hoping you get a good report from the vet, Katie. ~Ernie

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Good luck. We will be praying for you.

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, poor Katie! We are purring and praying for good lab results, sweet one.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

We hope that upcoming vet visit will be OK and finding your issues stable. As for the nail clipping...phooey! We pups hate that too.

Pam and Teddy said...

Hope the bloodwork is BETTER than your Mom thinks it might be. We can surprise our humans once in a while right? We will just hope everything is GOOD for you dear Katie. May "the force" (the fact we all love you) be with you dear girl.

Love, Teddy

Kea said...

Katie, we will be crossing our paws and fingers for you, that your upcoming tests still are okay. ♥

Lynn and Precious said...

Precious sends her purrs. It just seems like you got your toenails cut only yesterday. There will be lots of worries about the blood test.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sure the clippy claws will go well. Be brave! I hope your upcoming blood tests go well too.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie I daresay NO ONE is going to mistreat my BFF in any way shape or form and if your mom THINKS she's taking you to the place of eeeeeevil she's so sadly mistaken as I have booked two tickets with departure time at oh nine hundred to the location we are going to which will remain nameless so she can't call the cops on us but do bring an extra handbag or 12 with hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

eye saw that "knot lizard" commint ewe leeved at eastside cats ~~~~~~ shame katie...shame ~~~~~

;) ♥ mackerull

Saku said...

Paws crossed efurrything goes well at your appointments Katie. Enjoy the sunshine!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Oh dear, I hope all goes well

Darla M Sands said...

Oh, best wishes! We opted against that route for thyroid issues and were lucky medication did its job for both Luna and Tilly until unrelated ailments took them. ~sigh~ Be brave, precious.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Good luck with your treatments--you will be better off when they are over and lizard tv will still be on when you get back

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We are purring and sending healing vibes to you. Hope it goes well xx

John Bellen said...

It's good that we don't know too much about our futures, eh, Katie?

Genevieve said...

Paws crossed that all goes well with the testing and clipping, KI.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

Oh dear Katie. I so unnerstand frettin' about the blood results. I chew my claws to nothing when I have to wait. I did the radiation treatment in 2020 for my hyperthyroid and I was away from Mom and Dad for three whole nights. Pawful! BUT, my thyroid never bothered me again. And I do have CKD, but with you Mom with you, you will be ok if that shows up. Purraying it doesn't! Paw Hugs!

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

I am not sure if my comments post Katie. I hope they do