Kitties! Is there any such thing as good grief!? No. But still, mommy says it all the time. She has ME saying it too.
OK. Mom heard back from the doctor through the patient portal where she told each symptoms yesterday, each tiny detail and asked for the whoopty-do cough medicine as her back and ribs were killing her from coughing and she saw both lungs on the floor many times as she coughed till the last iota of air. Dr, said he was glad mom was scheduled to come in today because it sounded like the Covid variant that started with an O...Om something or other. Except mom had no fever whatsoever. But she caved, went for the test and some help, and they had her wait outside after they swabbed the nostrils. 45 minutes later they said "negative". What a load off her back as she has so much she has to do. The massive everlasting drainage, horrific coughing, sneezing, extreme sore throat..lack of smell and taste..she thought she was toast. But not.
The meds prescribed are already doing a good job. The whoopty-do cough syrup about knocked coughing in the head already. The steroid pac is working. The antibiotic is too. I might get to sleep and stay asleep...but the tetracycline type is a humdinger and interacts with the darndest things. So I have to be careful re: letting her take her magnesium for when her legs seize up after mucho mucho aerobics.
You all saw who I was consigned to consort with-- or have no cuddles. LEOPARD. (two 'con' starting words...I am so clever)
XXXX Thank you for holding my paw. I was really worried my mom was gonna fly away she sounded so badly.
33 comments:
I am glad your mom is feeling so much better already with her meds. I am also very glad the Covid test was negative.
Oh Katie, I'm so glad that your Mom went and got some help and that the help is working. We are so relieved too.
I am glad your mom is feeling better with the meds and glad she doesn't have COVID. XO
I’m purring for you mom, Katie, and hope she is back to 100% soon. ~Ernie
Phew, we're happy to hear that your mom bean is doing better and that darn Co-vid thing wasn't the culprit.
Purrs that she doesn't keep you awake Katie.
Oh dear! We're so glad your mom got the attention she needed and is doing better now. It's so scary now you never know what's out there to catch. We're glad she didn't fly away too. ❤️
WE are SO glad you mom didn't have COVID, Katie. And we're purring super hard that she's all the way better real soon. XO
I'm glad your human got some meds, and they are already helping, Katie! Also glad it's not Covid!
What a relief. But you human sounds very ill. I hope the medication works quickly to make her well again!
There's some bug going around for sure. Both our humans have developed coughing and achy body so they both went for the test. Negative for both of them too, so they're niquiling this thing until it's gone.
Take care. All of you. You too four-legged preciouses.
Emma and Buster
Congratulations on the negative! Now we hope the medication works.
This happens every time. When I miss a couple of days, something important happens. I am glad the medicine your mum is taking is working, but what an ordeal!
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Well, having killer cramps and thus unable to sleep, I got up and read this post here.
So glad I did as this is GOOD news and now the days will bring drastic improvement.
Having been there myself many times, once at work in India when they had to bring me to the hospital. Some good meds will do the job but you get so exhausted from not sleeping and coughing your lungs out.
Be good to your Mommy and let her rest as much as possible.
Wish we lived closer or I would make her some good soup...
Big hugs,
Mariette
Katie, sounds like lots of medicine for your mom to take but it looks sounds like it's working too. That's the best thing. I take it when you're trying to sleep with her that you are not sleeping on her chesticles. That might be too much for mom to take while she's trying to sleep and cough. You be sure to keep an eye on your mom and let us know how she's doing.
Lots of healing purrs to your mom, Katie. Of course they have to test for COVID, since the symptoms are so similar to one variant or another. We're glad she tested negative and hope she gets the rest she needs. ♥
We're glad teh test was negative, but your Mom needs to take it very easy, Katie!
Purrs,
Tama and Benny
glad the test was negative - we're still continue to pray for fast healing
Katie Isabella what wonderful news about mom's negative Covid test.
However, what Mom had was bad enough. Bryan and I said we could not imagine feeling any worse than we did with the crud we had...but for sure Covid would be horrible.
Hugs Cecilia
oh mi cod!!!...so glad yor mum gotz sum medz, so glad her lungz r bak inside
I am so glad your Mom is getting better and she didn't have that nasty virus. You take good care of her Katie Isabella!
trout soop katie...thatz what yur mom kneadz....a good steemin bowl oh trout soop...and sendin R best... other fizhez.... and get well wizhez for her ♥♥♥♥
We're glad she tested negative and we hope all those medicines help her get better quickly.
My chest hurts just reading about it, Katie!
We are purring for your humom.
We're so sorry to hear your mommy is sick! Thank catness it's not COVID! We're sending her purrs.
Oh, my goodness. ~hugs~ It's no fun being sick.
Lots of bad flu’s going around. Everybody should get their flu shots as well as the covid shots. I’m glad your mom is ok!
We are very pleased that your Mom is going to be okay. we are very attached to our Mom and know how awful it is when she is sick. She is trying to follow you again so we can visit more than once a year (her memory is TERRIBLE about visiting blogs). Purrs, Snoops and Kommando Kitty
Oh Katie we are so glad your Mom does NOT have that "O" thing and that the medications her doc put her on are helping. It's scary when your human is sick - they turn into big balls of agony and we can't help....in fact we just have to worry endlessly about them! Now you can relax......and just make sure she behaves herself which we we both know is the toughest job we have as their companions!
Hugs, Teddy
Mom has an imaginary medical degree since Covid came on the scene. Her theory is that your mom HAD Covid and it didn't register on the rapid test because she's already over it with just some leftover symptoms. Either way, if she's getting better, that's always good, no matter what she's getting better from. Lots of medicine and a few more bowls of chicken soup and she'll be good as new. Plus maybe she'll share some chicken with you, KI! Yay!
Love and licks,
Cupcake
What a rough time for your Mom but I'm so glad it isn't covid! Continued hopes for fast recovery!
Yes it is good to read your mum os improving, it must have been a worry
Katie! We are so happy it was NOT the evil C! Our human brother got a cold from work and brought it home and now out Mom is sick. We think she overdid it with all the snow and roof shovelings, after all she is an OLD lady...Today she is working on the computer all day, we are going to lay on her tomorrow and not let her up! Send in healing vibes to your Mom!
I'm glad that your Mom doesn't have covid. Sending healing thoughts. I hope she is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment