October 30, 2021

Transitions...

 Kitties!  I have been naughty.  Here is what the new chair came to because I suddenly decided to do deep clawing on it.  Mom hollered "NO" loudly.  I hissed at her and swatted at her too.  I am not used to being spoken to in such a manner.  


Two of her fave bedsheets are now applied to the chair that are thick enough cotton to do without a blankie if she wishes.  And she does many times.  Ew-glee to see. 

Here *I* am, feeling badly (yeah, right) about what I was doing till she shouted to me.  Ashamed.  Hiding my headie.

 This morning, she foolishly took the sheets off and put this on.  Now...this thing does not cover the delectable arms, legs and so on.  So, good luck mom.  I'll be back.




Signed:

The Kittynator






26 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh Katie, not the lovely new chair! You must resist temptation.

Lynn and Precious said...

The power of the cat, Katie. But you might want to let mom have
a go at the chair for comfort before you turn it into your newst
fav scratchy post.

meowmeowmans said...

You're just being you, right, Katie? Mom unserstands, but she just wants to makes sure that nice chair is around for a long, lonhg time. XO

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Just hoping that you allow that chair to see some happy birthdays at YOUR HOME!
It will warm and snuggle you, if not Mom.
So leave it alone, will you...?!
Hugs,
Mariette

Gidget Blue Sky said...

MOL!!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

For us the idea of new furniture (funiture to the cats) is a non starter

John Bellen said...

The adventure continues...

Saku said...

Well Katie, a kitty has to do what a kitty has to do. Your mom bean probably won't appawciate your efforts though. You might hear that voice again, just sayin'.

R's Rue said...

Cute kitty.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Maybe you'll leave it alone since you've properly broken it in sweet Katie!

The Island Cats said...

Humans sure don’t like when us cats mess with the furniture. You’re just trying to make it yours, Katie.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

It was a momentarily lack of judgment. We are sure you will do better.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

The texture of that upholstery does look tempting, Katie!

The Chair Speaks said...

Oh no! But then, we kitties just could not resist, right? Purrs and hugs!

Pam and Teddy said...

Atta girl.....what humans fail to understand is that WE are entitled to touch, fondle, even mangle everything in our kingdom (or queendom) and they simply have to understand it is WHAT WE DO. We can't fight it - we must claw things to mark them as our own. Period. Humans are sometimes very slow to understand stuff Katie but I think your Mom has gotten your message........maybe.

Hugs, Teddy

The J-Cats said...

Oh, dear, Katie! You need cheering up. Come to Our Miaowlloween Pawty tonight in the Enchanted Forest!

My Mind's Eye said...

Kittynator fingers, eyes and legs crossed after
today you turn back into Katie Isabella the kind and gentle kitty and Kittynator disappears with a puff of abracadabra
Why is it Kitties like all the new stuff?
Hugs Cecilia

pilch92 said...

Clearly she wants you to decorate the arms for her. :) XO

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Oh Katie, you naughty girl.......

Marvelous Marv said...

Queen Nellie was the shreddinator here, though I, Marv and Jo Jo, have been known to extend our claws where we should not.We have blankets on ALL the furniture because of cat's claws...And we too stop when we are yelled at!

Marvelous Marv said...

We forgot to wish you and your Mom a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Genevieve said...

Oh blerg! You attacked the brand new chair!?? Not cool, KI. Maybe try to just cuddle on it next time. At least for a while... while it's still new.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Katie, with the new cover, it only appears to accentuate the pawsitive!! You're so funny..you can't blame the mom over the claws for her concern, tho. Purrs and meow!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Oh oh!! You need to beg for a whole set of new scratching poles and stuff like that...NEW, right??! Then you might be purr-sueded to leave said new chair alone, LOL!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

your mom has some nerve and then some I daresay katie that this infraction on her part calls for a MAJOR SHOPPING EXCURSION for us both and let her have that silly chair and cloth yelling at you like she did I swear I DID hear it all the way over here in trout towne 5823 miles away meet me at the airport post haste with hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥

Darla M Sands said...

I sure hope you return to domestic bliss. :)