Vet said not to worry, that I would be burritoed for simple nail clipping. Other functions requiring a lot of hands on, I would be medicated there, and me and mom will chill for a few hours. The tech gave me a score of 3 for my last visit in a scale of 1-5. I was proud- and so was mom as I had NO meds that time as I refused and was burritoed. I am a tad calmer there as THEY are and its lower light, very quiet and everyone is on the floor with me. While she was on the phone with the Vet, Mom told the Vet the idea that John, of I Have Three Cats had about cracking open a can o' sardines and using the juice and maybe meat to drown the taste of the med. I'm def onto mom when she tried again with the tuna juice I refused. So maybe this will help. Thing is she will have to crumble up 2 medicated treats and hope that I don't detect all that with its topping of sardines.
Kitties, I can only put it down to the Party Mix treats I have with real catnip in them, but I am absolutely more lively for weeks now, since mom bought them for me. I love them and I have run more and played more since having them than in several years. There HAS to be an effect. If your moms and dads get you some, and if they observe you acting more kittenish, please let me know. I am even back in to the bread wrapper tie game! I have run my legs off up and down the hall hiding and fetching. Stalking and attacking it. You ought to hear the thunder I produce.
![]() |
| Here I am late last night using my catnip tea bag which I love. |

24 comments:
It sounds like you have a good Vet that's really concerned about your well being sweet Katie.
Oh Katie, this is all good news! And you look so adorbs laying on the floor, with your feets curled up...so SQUEE!!!
HeHe! The idea from John is a great idea..
Pussy~cats love sardines..AND..AND..if there
any left over..Mum can finish them off on
toast..so they won't go to waste..!
Oh! And! Tell Mum to use sardines in oil..
Not in tomato sauce..you'll get all yer fur
all red and sticky..that will never do..! :o).
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Well, our Spooky at times does not even trust me when I hand him the favorite treets, around 11:00 AM it's snackie-time here for all six kitties. He thinks I just try to lure him... Hate that but if they've had some bad experience somewhere it stays with their memory.
Hope Katie gets her pedi- and manicure and undies done soon and well.
Hugs,
Mariette
Using sardine is a great idea! I hope it works well for you, Katie san.
Sounds like the treats make you really happy :-)
Hmmmm...sardines just may work!
Katie, there is no fooling you, as befits a Queen. I do hope you cooperate at the Stabby Place though. Sometimes we all have to submit to medical stuff.
we iz knot a loud ta haz treetz katie but we iz happee ewe get sum N we iz glad ya N joyed them two !!! :) eat a few bags for uz pleez.....may bee say...362 for starterz !! ♥♥
We hope this new plan works for you, Katie. It sounds like your vet really wants what’s best for you.
We hope this does the trick!!!
The Florida Furkids
It sounds like you have a good and caring vet, Katie.
I am glad you don't have to be sedated for nail clipping. You are a sweetie Nice to see you having fun. XO
Your new vet care sounds great, Katie! And you look so precious with your tea bag!
Leo says: Katie! I canNOT wait to thunder around with you! I love to thunder up and down the stairs! I can thunder with you, can't I?? And oh boy, you think it's the party mix treats?? Can you believe those are the ONLY treat that I will willingly eat, even if they aren't in my snack dish! But only occasionally.. I gotta keep it weird, right? Anyway, *I* got some party mix today too by happenstance and I'm gonna steal away the bag and bring it with me for some pre-thunder snackage, ok?? Purrrrrrrr
PS, thank you for your kind words on our Evil Squirrel Invasion, I'm glad you were impressed, hopefully with my mancatliness? *toothy grin*
Katie, this sounds very promising. We love that your vet really seems to care, and wants to do what is best for you and Mom. :)
That catnip Party Mix sounds awesome!
XO
It sounds like you have a very good, caring vet clinic.
More lively is GREAT! But the floor part was inneresting. WE like being up at eye level with people.
So glad your vet is working FOR you and your Mom making things as calm and easy as possible when you visit them....! Mom has given me the catnip treats before - I eat them like any other treat but I truly DO prefer the liquid treat thingies - the "lickables" kind. Anyway, whatever works for you dear Katie is the RIGHT THING.
Hugs, Teddy
We is happy to know that your v e t is prepared to be nice to you. We've never had treats with nip in them but we only get soft treats now. (Cuz Sasha is so old - Saku)
Have fun playing!
Katie Isabella tsp of sardine juice often helped Madi's Cerenia go down. I think it must be kinda bitter.
Hugs Cecilia
I hope things go well for you, Katie, vis-a-vis the vet visit. In the meantime, it sounds like you are having a great time. Your mum is undoubtedly happy, seeing you playing like a kitten.
Hope the new plan works. It sounds foolproof! Your new treats are like magic beans filled with zoomie-powder!
Love and licks,
Cupcake
Such good news
Dear Katie, That sounds wonderful! M wishes we were more energetic and running and playing and stuff. She even bough Yeowzaa nanners for us but we not too into it. We're older than you and mostly like sleepies and snuggles. What don't we like? Pills and stuff. We kick and scratch. Poor M does the best she can so sometimes - only sometimes - we give her a break. MOL!
Post a Comment