August 10, 2019

We Kitties Know Stuff!

We kitties know stuffs and we learn stuffs too!

Mom had to get up super duper early yesterday to accompany favorite brovver back to the big city for an important function for him.  (he will have a giant breakfast this morning where he finally gets up.  Three eggies with cheese, lots of bacons, toast and grape jelly.  No biscuits.  Mom is lazy).

So, she slept like nobody's business last night.  And she overslept according to MY little clock.  Here's what I did so I could have breakfast.

I got up on the foot of the bed, but I didn't know Mom felt that.  She stayed still and quiet with her eyes closed.  Nothing happened up there on the pillow and the rest of the bed so I made a very strong stationary pounce movement.  It shook the bed which was my intention.  *mom here:  I sure felt that Cat Quake*  and when mom didn't move or open her eyes...smiles don't count to indicate she was awake...I gave another lunge in place.  Another ripple through the bed.  Nothing achieved so, I repeated this strong lunge in place a total of six times.  Mom counted she told me later .

Mom said anyone who deceives themselves that we are not quite intelligent is indeed deceived.  Yes, we are the learners and the innovators .  I didn't go pat her face as usual and rub furs all over it because that makes her go right back to sleep.  She needed a jolt and I gave her six!  It worked too.  Kitties, take note!  

See how smart we are?  Do you have methods like this to make your mom and dad get up?



Mom, you may not wake me the same way.

24 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have a very good way of waking your mom up. Flynn used to stand on my chest and meow at the top of his voice. If that didn't work he would head butt me so hard that I'm surprised my teeth didn't fall out.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Good job sweet Katie! Sister Zoe is pretty much the alarm kitty here and she climbs on top of Mom when it's time to get up!

Terri said...

Marie won't leave my hands alone. She rubs them with her wet nose until I've had enough. Of course, meowing and walking all over the body is included :)

Saku said...

You're a furry smart kitty Katie! Sasha likes to yell at the mom bean in the morning but she can (sometimes) ignore him for awhile. Saku climbs on top of her...he's furry heavy....so she can't ignore him! MOL.

The Whiskeratti said...

You are very smart! Toby had something similiar he would do. He was quite hefty, so I always felt him get on the bed.

Eastside Cats said...

Cat Quake...LOL!
Angel has a strident meow...no human on Earth can remain asleep when she starts belting it out!

dellgirl said...

As always, you are just too too cute. AND, super smart! What a clever idea, pouncing on the bed instead of rubbing Mommy's face. I LOVE it, Way-To-Go sweet Katie.

I wish you a Weekend of Love & Happiness!

pilch92 said...

You are so clever and beautiful. Joanie takes our landline off the hook to wake us up :) XO

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh sure, kitties they KNOW how to wake up their humans.
Jumping on the lower legs almost always works or over the chest...
And what about curling the hair, low in the neck intertwined with some acupuncture in the neck (just casual, let the fingernails slip...).
But we still love our fur babies!
Hugs,
Mariette

Smudge said...

Well, I have a couple of methods I employ for this purpose: I walk sloth-like all over mom (and sometimes dad, though he's always up when it's still dark), unable to settle in any one place or position. I also have my trademark "pigeon coo", where I constantly warble what mom and dad call a pigeon sound, kind of like a subtle muffled meow without opening my mouth. This usually annoys mom til she gets up to feed me.

Pam and Teddy said...

You clever girl! Those lunges shook the bed just enough that you got your message across - she was playing "possum" because she wanted you to keep shaking the bed I think.....well you showed her a thing or two! I hope you got some of brovver's bacon?

Hugs, Teddy

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella you are 200% cat and 300% catitude. WTGgirlfriend.
I giggled thru you post.
Angel Madi's favorite wakey wakey activity was subtle...one and done....she went right for the bladder. She might have been a urologist in another life.
Hugs Cecilia

Cupcake said...

Your technique is brilliant, KI. Whenever I need middle-of-the-night attention from Mom, I walk up to her head and lick her ear. I don't need to do this in the morning because she never sleeps longer than me. After her shower, she makes a point of bothering ME till I get up and off the bed. Rude.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Gigi said...

Hello my darling girl! You are looking so very fetching I am thinking about firing up my tunnel for the first time in waaaaaaaay too long. If I get it going, can I count on you to POUNCE on me when I emerge??? XOXOXO Spitty

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Katie, we kitties are smart for sure! That was an awesome way to get your human out of bed.

John Bellen said...

Oh yes, cats are intelligent; they learn and they can learn fast. I recall my Parker used to know his dinner was coming when I brought out the scrap paper I used as his 'placemats' (he ewas a messy eater, and Tucker learned very swiftly what an ice cream pale looks like!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Yes you kitties are a lot smarter then most human realise

Tamago said...

Reading this post made me smile,Katie san. Cat Quake! :-) You are very smart. You know and you learn indeed. Niko wakes me up with purr storm accompanied with head bonks and love bites. That always works to get me up :-)

meowmeowmans said...

You're so clever, Katie! That was a great way to wake your mom up!

Ivan from WMD said...

We love the whole idea of the Cat Quake. MOL! You rock, Katie, and in more ways than one!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Great work waking Mom Katie. I like to sleep in but Rumpy likes to give Dad the old biscuit making to get his attention. Yes it works MOL

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Very good, KI! I sneeze in Mommy's face when she ignores me.

SailorEdgar said...

We must get up early enough to suit our cats, because they don't do anything in particular to get us up.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great way for waking your mom!

Love the selfie :)