May 16, 2019

Oh Noooooooes

Kitties!  It was the worst of times, it was the most awful of times.  Donkey became losted!

I know mom told me she heard the clarion call of my announcement in the small hours... to which I recall she muttered "Alright baby". And went back to sleep thinking I would be right up.  Perhaps I was.  It was 45 degrees out last night, heat not set very high in the house and mom had a quilt pulled up and everything was under it but her head.  (I checked multiple times).

This morning at breakfast,  Donkey was nowhere to be seen.  We called and called him, but there was no answer.  Mousies, all of them, Fat Pink, Floppy, White, and Red Heart Mousie's each stated they'd not seen him at ALL.  They had heard a small bray in the night- but that was all.

We searched each room carefully and though mom's knees don't like bending getting up off the floor, she did me the honor of looking under the furniture, behind doors, and places I have put Donkey before.  Or where he put himself.

We wrung paws and hands and tonight before making supper, she tried once more.  She looked UNDER the bed though Donkey never ventured there before.  Kitties, thank the goodness we were depending upon, Donkey was found AT LAST.  Mom tossed him to me and I caught him to myself, bit him,  and then got up and stomped the stuffing outta him.  He didn't mind at all.  He was happy too.


Donkey conferring with Lion....


Lion, Donkey, Floppy Mousie and Fat Duckie ponder wagering on who can spin the ball faster. 

23 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I sure am glad your donkey was found and is back with you sweet Katie!

pilch92 said...

You are such a sweetie. I am so glad that donkey was found. XO

BeadedTail said...

Phew! We're so glad you were reunited with Donkey!

The Whiskeratti said...

The day is saved! Your mom rocks.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Haha, that was a scary day... Glad he got found
Hugs,
Mariette

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Naughty donkey getting himself lost and upsetting you like that. Thank goodness your mom found him.

CATachresis said...

That Donkey is a bit of a tease!!! He was messing with you Miss Katie!! MOL We are furry relieved he is founded!! ❤️❤️❤️

Pam and Teddy said...

WOW....that was a close call Katie. Donkey disappearing into the abyss under the bed! Actually if you think about it, that was a very brave little trip he made. Not all of us are entirely sure about the safety of UTB - isn't there a monster under there??? Maybe not....or if there is, it doesn't eat donkeys thankfully!

Hugs, Teddy

Kea said...

We're glad you found Donkey, but 'fess up, Katie...You knew where he was and just wanted to have the fun of watching your mom hunt for him, right? A bonus workout for her! :-D

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

PHEW! That was a stressful moment! Glad it ended well!

Purrs,
The Chans

My Mind's Eye said...

Yikes Katie that was for sure a nightmare.
You might have to keep Donkey locked in the stable at night
Hugs Cecilia

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Hoping donkey has learned a valuable lesson here! Cannot imagine the stress levels you were experiencing.

Tamago said...

Katie san, I'm sooo glad Donkey was found! Sounds like he was exploring new places :-) Goro's ice cream cones travel around and sometimes get lost, too. But they always come back eventually :-)

bobbie said...

Katie ~ I'm SO glad Donkey got unlosted! That must have been both terrifying and heart-breaking!
Scritches ~

da tabbies o trout towne said...

katie; we iz glad ya finded donkey; we thinked maybe him went ta pay smoke N joe
a wee vizit at marg's place....N may bee him getted stuck in 5 o clox rush hour traffic ~ ☺☺♥♥

Just Mags said...

Whew, we were getting worried as we read sweet Katie. We are sure glad your Mom found Donkey where he had hidden himself. Hugs and nose kisses

Saku said...

Goodness that was certainly a scare. We're furry happy that Donkey found his way back. Lots of thanks to mom!

John Bellen said...

Was he under the bed, then? He must have been trying to keep warm. I’m glad that he came home at last.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Goodness Katie that was nerve wracking. Miss Fitz has Snake and I have Nip Pillow that we keep track of. Well Dad is calling my friend Dirty Old Nip Pillow and I get upset. I hope he doesnt disappear by Dads hand. Maybe I could get a Donkey too!
Worried Timmy

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

I just cannot stand it when my my very first ever toy. Sir Schmousie, goes missing! I so understand your distress Katie Isabella.

meowmeowmans said...

Thank Cod donkey was found, Katie! Good job by Mom helping you find him. :)

Cupcake said...

OMGoodness, KI. That was a very suspenseful story. I'm happy there was a happy ending. Donkey is a real scoundrel giving everyone such a scare. Keep a close eye on that guy from now on.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Pattyskypants said...

Reunited!