Ms. Boss got up...I served breakfast which she refused. Oooookay! I cracked open another can. Same. Oooookay. I served her elsewhere. Same. I went in to do my face wash and powder etc, and she lay as always on the tub edge. Things went according to normal but when I picked up her brush...the turning wheels told her that after the brushing yesterday and ear gel..when she went to toast in front of the heat vent, Mom got her and took her to the Vet where she was imprisoned 6 hours! After not eating all the previous day, and none that morning...she had nothing to eat there and no water. She was beside herself to get food and water when we got home. I will, but nicely, tell them never to do that again. I will pay for food and water. I know however that it was techs who didn't have a clue. As always. So she suffered more than she should have, and I am paying the price with her today. Last night she was normal. This morning and all the way till now-- she has been hiding as soon as she left the bathroom early this morning.
By the way, here is the turkey she DID get on Thanksgiving. She loved it
She finally left her self-imposed jail cell (bedside) and came into her room (computer room) to try my sandwich for lunch. Salt, pepper, and mayo on it made it a no-no, so I ran into the kitchen and got her fave FF. She ate a good several spoonsful. WHEW! She went to her box, then had a look out the front door, and on in a leisurely stroll to the spare room where she looked out the sunny window and then went to the spare bed for a nap. WHEW!
A good friend said this is likely her new normal. SIGH. So this is our day. It is upsetting because I couldn't give her med. And were starting the food worry again. Even though she gained 3 oz.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
27 comments:
have you tried churus?
I have...she said no, But that was a few years ago, I could try again.
Poor Katie. Sometimes those disruptions to her routine take time to remedy. we hope the rest of today and ongoing she will be back to herself.
Woos - Misty and Timber
All I can do is send love to you both. I remember only too well the struggles with my angels, Derry especially.
I hope Katie is over the trauma and back to eating better soon. ❤️
That was awful of them to not give her food or water. I am glad she is doing better today. Katie is in my prayers. XO
There is No rest for the poor cat mom
Good Grief fur sure!!! Purrs, hugs and lots of love to you both.
Oh, poor Katie, and poor you! We are purring and praying that Katie will settle back in to a good routine very soon. XO
Awww, sending many more purrs, hugs, and love for you and Katie.
I hope she starts eating again today. I can sympathise with her. I thought that now the chemo is finished my appetite would come back, but yesterday I didn't want anything. I did have a can of soup in the evening to keep Ivor happy. Hopefully I too will have a better appetite today.
When kitties routines get changed, EVERYONE suffers - MOL! We're sending purrs your way for better results tomorrow.
Katie Isabella and Mom
I'm so sorry for the dreaded vet trip then they starved you. Lets hope karma comes around and a few of them have to wait on a meal.
Looking good on the bed and on the Chair
Hugs cecilia
I’m sorry the vet is so stressful for Katie. Hopefully she’s now getting back to normal. Many purrs for her.
Charlee: "I feel your pain, Katie! I don't like going to the vet either, it throws off my whole day! And the whole next day, too!"
They sure know how to stress us out, don't they? Mudpie says to try offering a Churu or Squeeze Up :)
They sure do know how to stress us out, don't they? Mudpie says to try a Churu or Squeeze Up :)
They sure do know how to stress us out, don't they? Mudpie says to try a Churu or Squeeze Up :)
They sure do know how to stress us out, don't they? Mudpie says to try a Churu or Squeeze Up :)
They sure do know how to stress us out, don't they? Mudpie says to try a Churu or Squeeze Up :)
Hope Katie starts eating soon: I know it is such a worry.
What an ordeal it is for us when they start to show their age in their behaviours...
#1 says there are so many things that make looking after an older lady very special and sometimes puzzling.
Purrs,
The Chans
Sending purrayers and POTP to Ms. Katie and you too Mama. It is so worrying and makes us feel even more clueless than usual ,
Oh dear, the trials and tribulations of being a cat parent! My goodness, dear Katie, we're so sorry you've been going through such shit. That was dad. Anyway, we hope things get back to some kind of normal real soon for you.
Katie, darling - We are all worried about you. Your Mommy is worried too - but I guess you know that. Can We teleport over and visit you and try to cheer you up?
It's so hard to know what to do, since they can't tell us what they feel.
Calista Jo’s spot is on top of a chair back, and she attests to the fact that it is indeed comfy. Prescription food sucks and does not at all make us kitties want to eat. But you do not want to give back those 3 ounces you gained, so be a good girl for you mom. We love you both and want you to be able to enjoy the upcoming holiday. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh
Post a Comment