Kitties! The thing with getting older is...things start happening. Kitties and woofies are not exempted from this process.
I have my senior exam (don't tell the mancats I am a s-e-n-i-o-r) on April 5th and I have to be brought in at 7, dropped off so that I can have the gabapentin given to me...two hours later, another dose..so it will be quite awhile until the exam. I will not allow myself to be pilled at home by mom. I love her to the ends of the earth but no pilling. I was tricked once with the capsule emptied into a generous helping of tuna juice. Loved it. BUT--- I have a good memory and I remember how I felt. She has never been able to trick me since. no matter how she tried to disguise it.
It seems I have lost more weight that Mom knew. She said she already knew that in last senior exam...(not that I am a senior!) that I was borderline with KD and Hyper T. Not over the line, but up to it just about. I have too many deposits in my box so the time is here. We will find out which in April and think about what to do then. But someone sure pulled the shade down on Mom's personal sun. She's sad. Me...I sorta don't know about it yet. I eat, the jingle ball was hitting the baseboards the night before last at 0430...I have raced around after using the box...I bring my babies in at night...get plenty of lovins and give those back too.
We'll see.
.jpeg)
25 comments:
Katie, you've got many more hours on Earth yet to live, and your Meowmy will realize that too.
We are beings of light, having a feline or human experience.
Hawwooo my kit-cat furiend, getting older is not for the weak and timid, we will be thinking of woooo during your exam,
Timber and family
Katie, we'll all be hoping your April appointment goes well, better than your mom expects. As someone who spent much of her time in a state of anxiety about Derry's passing, years before he actually did, the best advice I can give your mom is to stop focusing on the inevitable and just enjoy the wonderful years ahead with you. ❤️
Oh, yes, I, too, believe this. ❤️
Hoping the vet can help you with your problems.
Katie, I'd send you some of my pounds. I got down to 15 in October, and Lynn
decided to be less careful fur how many treats I git. So I'm back to 15 1/2 and
now I git less treats agin! You keep playing hard and execisin' like you do in
the middle of the night. But we hope all tests come out purrfect scores fur you. Precious
I hope your exam gives good results. Even if you have passed borderline with those ailments, with meds you can go on for years.
Every living things age and senior exams become part of life
Katie Isabella...sweet thing...and MOM sweeter thang. I know exactly what you are talking about. It sounds like you are doing things you normally do. You know you and your Mama are part of my Pray Posse...love and hugs Cecilia
Katie, we will hope that nothing is amiss ... But if there is something, we'll hope and purr that it can be easily sorted. Meanwhile, you look marvelous!
We love you so much sweet Katie and you're gonna be here for a good long while so not to worry, but Moms sure do. You should move that appointment up sooner so you can get started on the healthy road sooner.
Glad you still like to play. I will be praying you stay healthy for a long time. XO
Whatever meds you need tell your Mom to check for a transdermal version.
I think blogger ate my first comment. You'll be around for a good while sweetest Katie, you do look most wonderful!
It's hard for moms not to worry, Katie. We can't help it because we love you so much. At 10 Mudpie is considered a senior too but she doesn't act it. In the fall she had her blood work done and everything was perfect, although her kidney values were on the high end of normal. I should be relieved at normal, but the high end bothers me. Just can't help it :(
I know why your mom is sad, but she needs to enjoy every day with you. Each one will be a gift.
Katie we send you (and Mum) purrayers and POTP that your exam turns out well. All of us kitties are "seniors" too, and our huMom just tries to make sure we are eating, drinking, and using the litter box. It sounds like you are doing those things. There are ways to treat hyperthyroid that involve ear massages rather than pills.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh, guess I do hate those vet visits as much as our kitties did/do.
But it also is great that we have access to medical help for kitties!
None of us will live forever but we sure try to s–t–r–e–t–c–h the SUNSHINE together.
Big hugs,
Mariette + Kitties
Katie, we sure hope all goes well at the vet. Regardless, we think you have many years left here, sweet friend. Sending lots of love and purrs to you and Mom. XO
Make the most of the moments and remember, the vets do have tricks up their sleeves to keep you healthier and happy longer and there may be many things which can be done even if your numbers aren't the best.
Whether it's the thyroid or the kidneys or something else or none of the above, you can and will live a long and healthy life, Katie. Plenty of cats do it despite their ailments, and they'll show you how.
Hang in there Katie! And your Mommy, too! As long as you love life and all it offers you are good!
Nonetheless we send our POTP for you to hang in there, and pawyers as well. For your Mommy, too. Worrying can't do or fix anything...petcretary has to tell herself that a lot too, of late...
Hugs and love!🥰❤️🥰
We love you and hope you get a good report.
We will keep your secret about being a Senior Lady, Katie. We will be praying you get a good report and the items you mentioned are within normal limits. As it is still a month away, we will wait to wish you good luck! XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh
Katie darling, and your mama too: The Human tells me that her BooBoo was on thyroid meds for several years, till she ran across the Bridge at nearly 20. They worked well for her! Also, Spittola developed thyroid problems and there was NO WAY she could pill him, but she was able to get the medicine in a creme formula that she just rubbed on his ear every day and he didn't mind that at all.
We hope that your thyroid test results will be good, but if you need medicine, I think it won't be a problem.
She has had a few cats with kidney issues, and usually the treatment was mostly a change of diet, and sometimes extra fluids. Three of her kitties did very well, but Spitty just would NOT cooperate with the kidney diet (he was not by nature a very cooperative boy as you may remember!) so he did not live as long as the others after diagnosis (but even so it was a couple of years).
In any case, even if you need treatment, you will do well, because you are a Very Good Girl (well, most of the time!) Much love to you and your mom XOXO from Buddy and me and the Human.
Post a Comment