February 19, 2024

The CB

 Kitties!  Woofies!  Look at all the years Admiral and I have been here as members of the CB.  It is a family.  Dogs, Cats, Horses, Turtles, Bunnies,  We are all together and we always show as what we are.  Loving beings.  We never say anything to hurt, we don't hiss, growl, bark harshly, show our claws, not ever.  And we always speak lovingly and help when that is asked for. 

Mom and another Mom were talking on the phone the other day... the mom of kitties.  I listened and I agreed with them.

Mom said since she has been able to actually meet several bloggers here in our home that the experiences have always been like a burst of sunshine in our home and lives.  She said that all the moms and Dads who help us little ones out by typing our blogs as we dictate them are not only speaking for us...they are showing their own human love,  care, tenderness, and goodness with every single word in the blog they type for us.  They are our voices, and that voice is loving and gentle.

We shine because our parents' deep abiding love for us allows us to shine.  I will explain.

When mom and I have had to opportunity to meet other CB Pet Parents here in our home, when other parents asked if they could come by there was no question  but that the answer would be "yes."  When they got here, it was like meeting old friends, or even family.  There is no strangeness right from the opening of the door  We already know one another through the blogs on the CB.  When we little ones come out to greet them, I swear there is no strangeness with us either.  The parents are always glad to see us and love on us because they know us ...and we always seem to know them too.  

Now for what Mom said to the other mom Sunday  She said that the sweetness, kindness, and goodness that Mom always sees in blogs and when they visit us shows her that being the voices of us little ones shows her that there are no strangers in this international family of the CB. But more importantly, it shows her the innate goodness of each parent every time they help us to blog.  That love and goodness we pets see with each blog reading shines like the sun...right through the written page. They could not have spoken so well for their baby if that well of sweetness and kindness was not residing in them.  

Here's me this morning.  I do tend to be in the same places, don't I?  But before this, I scored some of Mom's white albacore Bumble *** tuna, packed in water.  Oh, Mercy Me!  GOOD! 

Mid morning sunpuddle. See me? 



Closer up...

23 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Yes, this is so true—we are like family and likeminded people with sweet fur babies!
Kitties DO sense that, they know their Parents and Friends—their 6th sense is something we can learn from.
Your sunny spot is heavenly and oh, how you got spoiled with special tuna!
Big hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I agree with you Katie. I have made very good friends through blogging and I wish I could have visited you and your mom. Unfortunately flying causes me too much pain and other problems now. We had a cruise booked for 2020 to Canada and New England and hoped we might be able to meet up with some bloggers, but Covid put paid to that. I have met a few bloggers in person mostly in the UK. We met Austin Towers mum Caro before Covid, and I am glad it was while she was still able to travel. We have also met Fat Eric/Dora's mum, Kate. Milo and Alfie's mum, Jan. Also we made very good friends with Ginger Jasper's parents and they come to stay with us every couple of years. In the States I don't know if you remember these bloggers because they were from the early years, Grr, Midnight and Cocoa, Camie's Kitties and Jeter Harris.
Those were good days!
After Flynn passed I almost stopped blogging but couldn't bear to lose contact with all the good friends I have made over the years.

Kea said...

Katie, it IS a family of those who understand that our fur babies are our hearts, not just "pets." Even without any fur family now, I still follow blogs and visit because I value that sense of community and don't want to give it up. Besides, who knows? Maybe some day the time will be right to adopt again, or perhaps foster an adult cat.🙃

Brian's Home Blog said...

How right you are sweetest Katie! I've been fortunate to meet so many bloggers and the first conversation is just like you described, friends picking up where they left off. The rest of the world should learn from the pet blogging community and then the world would be a better place.

Leah said...

So beautifully stated, Katie, and so true! Though I'm unable to get out and around now, and am even more limited as to how many blogs I can visit, I feel a deep bond with the cat bloggers and their cats I have come to know and love! It's a fine way of storytelling with purpose, to hopefully show the world what marvelous, individual companions cats are!

Saku said...

Great sunpuddle Katie!

Mom bean hasn't met any other pawrents in purson but feels she knows them well. For instance, you have your mom bean wrapped around her little finger...and the one next to it...and the one next to that one and so forth and so on. MOL!

catladymac said...

Those of us who don't blog but just come by feel the same way about all you kitties and your humans !

pilch92 said...

Beautiful post. I so wish I could meet you and your mom in person/fur. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I love this! Our pet blogging friends absolutely come to feel like family. I've never had the opportunity to meet anyone in purrson, but I sure hope to one day!

Lone Star Cats said...

Hmm, kindness and sweetness in MY momma?? I'm not convinced . . . MOL!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie isabella, you and your mommy wrote this so perfectly. After a couple of years I still feel like a newcomer but people are very kind when they leave comments. Precious and I appreciate all the ones that we have met simply online because we will probably never get to see them in person. And you look quite lovely in the sunshine and we are glad to hear you ate some tuna.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We have had the absolute pleasure of meeting four of our fellow bloggers in person over the years. In fact, two of them even spent the night with us. It is so exciting because it is like we have known each other for years when we first meet.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

The support and love on the CB is astounding, you got that one right Katie!

Darla M Sands said...

What a heartwarming post. Hugs and blessings, my dear.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella what a beautiful post you and your Mom prepared.
My heart is singing and I have a big smile on my face.
Back in 2016 my husband and I met about 9 bloggers and some of their furry babies...it was absolutely a highlight in our lives.
Hugs Cecilia

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We heartily agree that our blogosphere is made up of truly good and kind people. Our #1 has met only a few in person, including Eric & Flynn's parents, Claire from The Swiss Cats, Nancy from Mickey's Musings, Ducky's Mum, Janet, and Phyll from NAK's blog. Each and every meeting has been so much fun. We wish she could meet her, but distances are what they are.

Purrs,
The Chans

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

I have no pets in my life at this moment but I talk about you and others fur children as if I know you personally and I think my family at times think I am going gaga but I can assure you I am not, although I am telling this to a cat so maybe I am..........lol

messymimi said...

I've met internet friends "in real life" and it's always been good. Maybe someday we will meet, too.

meowmeowmans said...

Katie, you and Mom are so, so right. It's true that the CB is like the most loving family and the best of friends. We, too, have been blessed to meet many of our CB friends, and it is just as you say. There is no strangeness -- just friendship. It is an amazing and wonderful thing, to be sure. XO

John Bellen said...

The Cat Blogosphere is like a club where everyone kind and considerate is welcome. It's probably because just to be in it, one has to care for others. It's a good place to be.

meowmeowmans said...

Hi Katie and Mom Carole! We saw your very good question in your comment about beautiful and adoptable Willa this morning (and replied). We hope our answer makes sense. Hugs to you both! XO

R's Rue said...

Love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

You have said it all! Couldn't agree more!