Kitties! Mom has been in a predicament for years now- but it's getting worse. What? My laying my 14# body across her face...blocking air...taking one side of her pillow she's trying to use. I know mom just can't sleep that way. After a few minutes, she has to ask me to move and assist with that by gently pushing me off. I come back. Last night she was forced up out of the bed into the living room to try to sleep in the recliner which is uncomfortable and won't recline all the way. That's twice in a month now. I will come in with her and get on her chest or stomach, and that makes her uncomfortable breathing.
Many will say, "shut the door". Mom can't. She knows I won't understand and I'll cry and go on until it opens again. The noise will keep her from sleeping and, even more...she'll feel too badly for me to keep that up. She knows I do it because I love her so much. *I* know she puts up with it as much as possible because she loves me too. But she says she's about to go rent a room every night so she can sleep. (then she'd suffer knowing I wouldn't understand, and that I'd suffer with her gone, even if she could do that).
She'd rather this than me not be here. That's for certain. But she'd love to get comfortable and be able to move around a little which she hasn't been able to do since I came home back in January 2012 because I am relaxed on her chest or belly.
Brother sent me a few more memes...Made me meow!


25 comments:
Our Angel Ellie used to do that to our Dad. Hope you can figure it out.
We liked the 'toons!
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Well, that is a dilemma of sorts but one with LOVE written all over it...
Barty was near my neck, with an arm around my neck and then he purred all night—keeping you awake. He did so in his final days when I went to our Rose Suite for making it into a Kitty–Hospice for him to be comfortable and not alone.
He kept me awake all night with his loving on me and I guess 'talking' to his Mami.
They are special angels sent to us!
Big hugs,
Mariette
Katie, no person can tell us kitties to move over or on or whatever. Lynn had Angel Seney sleep on her pillow every night for 20 years, with Seney using Lynn's head fur kneading her giant paws. But never trying to push the air out of Lynn. What if your mommy got one of those new expensive beds that one half raises up while the other 1/2 still lies flat. Would you go fur the flat? And do you have enough Fancy Feast reward points to help pay fur it? Precious
You love your mom very much, Katie (and she loves you). I hope there's a good solution for you both, but we all know that our cats win out in the end. :-P
It's a hard one Katie. Eric used to sleep on the top of my head and he weighed 23 pounds. If he went out for a snack he would scrabble back up the side of the bed and walk across my hair. It felt like he was pulling it out by the roots!
Dear Sweet Katie Isabella...your sleeping habits are ingrained in every fiber of your being....all the way into that itty bitty kitty heart that does so very much love your Mommy. I have no answers other than the ones you sweet Mommy mentioned. Physically moving herself to another location.
That being said I just had a brain storm. I wonder is it Mommy's breathing that soothes you or her warm body and her sweet mommy smells. My mind's eye wonders this crazy wild idea. Does Mommy have an electric blanket? If so maybe she could put it under the covers on the other side of the bed...Kinda shape it with lumps and bumps like Mommy's legs and arms then plug it in...get it warm and cozy then show it to you. Maybe also put an article of her clothing on the pillow too. I know crazy but it will take really Crazy to solve this issue.
Hugs and loving thoughts as you two come to an understanding
Cecilia
Oh, oh Katie, I sure hope you and the mom bean can come to an understanding. 'Cuz my mom bean says if your mom bean can't breath, she won't be able to open up your fuds either!
Those memes are kindof "oops", aren't they?
Our huMom sleeps propped up a bit on some pillows because she has acid reflux. Therefore we can't sleep flat on her upper body or face. The closest we can get (Peaches is really really good at this) is kind of across her collarbones, and she usually sneaks in there after Mom falls asleep. Up on the collarbones keeps Peaches from interfering with her breathing. Mom has a pile of pillows and one of those neck pillow things.
Could your mom try to sleep on her side so you can't get right on top of her? You are such a love bug. XO
It's hard to say no to such a sweetie, maybe you can find something to lay on or against that you like just as well.
Love those memes! I understand your mom's plight. Hopefully you can find a solution that both of you are happy with.
I sleep on my side with a pillow pulled over my head. The cats have learned to sleep on my feet and keep them warm. I hope you and your mom can work something out so you both rest.
Thanks for joining Feline Friday!
We feel your pain. Jo Jo is a "Sleep on your pillow and on your face grrl". It only started after her Dad passed. She has been driving Mom batty! Even my coming in and hissing and whapping her for getting too close to my Mom did not work...
BUT...
Mom got a heated mattress pad just before Christmas as the bed was so cold and felt damp with the rotten weather we have had this year. Wonder upon wonder, Jo Jo is sleeping between the 2 pillows and not on Mom's head! Mom turns on the pad about 1/2 hour before she goes to bed and Jo Jo is sound asleep. Purrhaps a regular plug-in heating pad would work for Katie and she might be asleep before you get into bed.
Love the memes! Love Marv and Kozmo and Barb
My parent have learned to sleep face down. Breathing isn't easy but there is no mid night licking.
That is quite a predicament! From the other comments, it sounds like a heated blanket or pad might help.
Purrs,
The Chans
Can only hope that you two figure something out, or contact a cat behaviourist for some insight.
We know you can do it.
Now, Katie, as you might expect, our mom is familiar with this situation. She is continually negotiating with Misty May to share her pillow. Then there are those of us who enjoy sleeping east/west on the bed, usually somewhere that it is impossible for a human to sleep if not tucked up into a ball. Add to that the fact that our dad snores, and you have a very grumpy, sleep-deprived person in you house. Now, we suspect your mom was hoping for some suggestions! Sorry, neither our mom nor any of us have any. We are cats…the world revolves around us! We love the cartoons! XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, angel Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh
Hope you can figure something out acceptable to you both
Of course your mum can't shut the door. That's out of the question. But what about Leopard? Can he make a re-appearance?
Those funnies did make us laugh, Katie. Especially the second one!
We hope you and Mom can figure something out for sleeping. But we know it's a predicament because you both love each other with all of your hearts. XO
We do see your problem. We also like to snuggle up FURRY furry close to Mummy when she goes to bed - and there are THREE of Us. But We can usually be purr-suaded to curl up half on and hald off Mummy's tummy or shoulder, rather than her chest. Good luck to you both in finding a solution.
Tough problem… I am typing despite arm pain from Rufus sleeping on it… He insists I sleep on my right side, him lying across the pillow and my arm. If I try to turn over he taps my face with his paw.
I would never shut the door either. Sorry, I have empathy but no suggestions!
xxoo
Maggie
Granny got use to it, Katie, all her kitties slept on her hair, we did that too, but not anymore, we desided to give her a little breather...MOL...not when she sleeps on her side though...😸Double Pawkisses for a restful sleep to your mommy and you🐾😽💞
I'm sure you'll work things out. Love will find a way.
Post a Comment