July 10, 2022

Sunny Sunday (I hope)

 Kitties!  We have had torrential rains and thunder storms every single day! I see from the weather guessers that we are not suposed to have rain today!  YEA!  I have all my windows ready for me.   First though, here I am getting ready for brushies and combing.  I will be mono-railing any minute.


By the way Kitties; have your parents said anything about having trouble getting your beautiful pictures to upload to your blogs?  The picture you see here took quite a few minutes to upload.  That's been going on for several weeks now.  A pain in my floofy tail.  Mom has to just hit select and go off and do housework for awhile and come back.  She has the newest OS on the MAC, and a fairly new MAC too. We're trying to "go figure"!

OH!  Meant to tell you. My Hummingbird TV has been severely disupted.  They are having families now so it could not have come at a worse time.  Mom say while she and 5 others was trying to help Brother get his place packed up for moving and storage...(she was gone days in a row) she say all the flowers were pried off the feeder, all 13, and thrown to the ground.  She brought out the old feeder and within a day, those flowers too were pried, but only one was off.  The hummers have not been back despite mom trying so hard to get them.  The rain keeps seeping into the feeder and makes the nectar no good, that is another bad problem. Between both things, they may never come back.  Mom founf the reason.  She turned in time to see, what else, an evil squirrel at the feeder.  

Do well today Kitties...help your mom's and dad's in what they're doing. 



24 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Evil treerats!
Hope you get your spa treatment, Katie.

Kea said...

Brushies and window whiffies are the perfect way to spend the day, Katie!

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, Lynn says we get hummers and orioles at the back feeder. I can't see it so I
hope she truthful. The rain just makes her change it more. And it is on a thin cord
stretched between trees so the nutty squirrels can't get it. The front feeder is under
the porch roof and I see the hummer there a lot. Enjoy the fluff and comb job coming as
I love mine. Precious

meowmeowmans said...

We're so glad you are getting some sun and window time today, Katie! And brushies! Woohoo!

Sorry to hear that feeding the hummers has been a real challenge lately. :(

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those squirrels are horrible!
I hope you get your sun. We have had hot sunny weather for a week and forecast to last all month.That is not at all typical weather for us!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
LOVE your photo, sitting pretty in YOUR bathroom, ready for brushies!
As for the hummingbirds, Pieter just filled our two feeders, discarding what was left in them. Indeed, two days with torrential rain and today and all week is with lots of rain... no good for hummingbirds. Pieter spotted a bottom that had fell out of a birdhouse. He's glued it back on and put wire around as it was occupied with a nest and eggs. Guess a Carolina wren lives in them.
Tough with such weather and we ALL are longing for sunshine.
No biking today... don't want to risk getting soaking wet!
Hugs,
Mariette

pilch92 said...

You are a beauty. I hope you get some sun I have not heard of squirrels bothering hummingbird feeders. We had a bear knock ours down last week and bent the shepherds hook pile like butter. XO

Saku said...

Those darn squirrels, they can be so damaging. Hopefully your mom bean can find a place to hang the feeders where those critters can't get at it.

We're having sun and cloud today. I got some time in the sunny room this morning, but it is too warm in there (for mom bean, not me) so the door is closed.

Have a good day Katie (and mom bean too).

John Bellen said...

I haven't had trouble loading pictures on my blog, Katie, just in leaving comments and having them left. If it's not one thing... And that is terrible news about the hummingbird feeder. I like squirrels but they need to leave the birds' feeders alone.

The Florida Furkids said...

We wish we could get some rain here. For the first time, Mom thinks our rain barrel is almost empty.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope you had some dry today sweetest Katie. We've had the same weather here too, monsoons and boomers night after night.

The Island Cats said...

If there’s no sun for you, Katie, you can teleport over here. We’ve got lots of sun today. ~Ernie

Leah said...

Hope you got some sun today, Katie. We've had some more rain recently but it's been occasional. That's unfortunate about the squirrels and the hummingbird feeders. I love squirrels but they do chew things up.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

My Sunday was cold and wet, complete with a leaking roof

Mickey's Musings said...

Sorry to hear the flowers keep coming off.
Must be nasty critters! Hope the hummers come back when the babies can fly!!
Also, you are looking good!!
Purrs, Julie

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I hope you get some sunshine.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

We hope the sun was bright and warm for you, Katie Isabella.

Coons, squirrels and not a few other critters are a pain with anyone who has bird feeders...

Pam and Teddy said...

Your fave monorail spot - nice location for the brushies and I hope shortly after this photo was snapped the brushies began! Sounds like Mom is super busy and I know she always finds time for you no matter what. I'm sure you will see your hummers again - they are super busy right after the babies arrive but they know a good thing when they find it and your feeder is THE PLACE!

Hugs, Teddy

My Mind's Eye said...

OH Katie Isabella
We had 3" of rain here in Raleigh between Friday and yesterday. I know my friends in our mountains had 9.3" from last Saturday to yesterday so I suspect that is very close to what you had.
Wonder if some tree rodent pulled the feeding stations of your hummingbird feeders. I hope they will return
Sending hugs to you and Mom
Cecilia

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We are having too much sunshine right now in England and it's too hot and will get hotter. Mum and I really don't like the heat.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Someone else on Blogger said something about photo loading but I don't remember who. I don't uses it so I can't speak to it. Looks like there is lots of drama for Katie to watch outside the window these days. Squirrels are a pest!

Marvelous Marv said...

Hmmm, I thought it was only us up here in the back end of nowhere! Even our email has been extremely slow in loading anything with an attachment (there were many HBO words here). and did you hear about the Rogers Fiasco up here in Canada on Friday? They did a "maintenance update" on their internal systems that failed and it took down phones, internet, online banking (most stores could not use their swipe machines) from one side of Canada to the other... What is this world coming too!?! Too many rich people keeping the money that should be spent on infrastructure that the Governments gave them for covid! Sorry for the Rant! Marv's Mom
Katie Darling, Mom got a little carried away! She should worry about Humming Birds. I just wanted to say I enjoyed our little soiree the other night. I can't wait for our next one! Sweet Purrs - Your Kozmo

Genevieve said...

#squirrelsamiright They ruin everything nice...

I hope your brovver gets moved and settled easily. Sounds like he has all the help he needs.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

We're not on blogger, but we've had technical issues too! My human had to rescue my blog from a crash the other day!