December 25, 2021

Mommy, Me, and the V-E-T

 Kitties! Remember the 6 horks I had last week?  Well, after that, I didn't eat much at all...very fussy about what I ate and forced mom to keep opening other cans which I wasted most of  too.  Each day my pees got less, until one morning she cleaned out my box and there was just one pee clump.  That scared her.  She could not tempt me to drink or eat much and I sat in front of my litter box facing it but not using it.  That's when she called the v-e-t.

Since Christmas was almost upon us, they took me anyway...squeezed me in.  Mom told her my days..and they started with a blood test which I screamed murder about.  They took a pee catch too and cultured that-- sent the bloods off, and did an ultrasound on my bladder and tummy.  I did have a small amount of pee in my bladder.  They of course didn't know if I  hadn't drunk, or, if I had urinated before we left.  (no).  I had no temp...nothing found on palpitations, so since the ultrasound on my belly was good, I was allowed to go home. 

That night later just before mom went to bed, I had a pee.  WHEW!  Two for the 24 hrs.  Next morning, a pee awaited her when she cleaned. Long story short, I peed twice that day too.  V-E-T called Mommy Friday and asked how I was behaving.  Mom had good news to tell the vet, and the vet said she needed to know and apply it to my tests.  She used this phrase to mommy.  "For a girl Katie's age (as if!!!!!!!!) her values are awesome"!!!  "She still is borderline at thyroid and kidneys but the same as they were in April last year."  "You telling me she is more normal now...that she made three small pees and her usual tootsie roll...I feel good saying that unless she does this again or vomits a lot again...in which case we will do an ultrasound on her intestines......I will say she is alright". 

I know I scared mom a lot.  And brovver.  He is here too.  Mom shared my lab tests with a very good blogger friend whose opinion she trusts implicitly.  The word back from the blogger after reading the labs, was good.  Made mom feel better- and me as well.  Here is the best present under the tree.  ⤵️


Merry Christmas dear dear friends.  Mommy and I love you each one.  

27 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Katie, I’m sorry you had ot go to the vet but glad they didn’t find anything concerning. You just keep eating and peeing, okay? Don’t worry your mom (and all of us) anymore. Merry Christmas! ~Ernie

pilch92 said...

I am glad you are feeling better.Merry Christmas! XO

meowmeowmans said...

This makes us feel so much better, too, Katie and Mom. Thank you for letting us know. Merry Christmas, and much love to you both!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh I bet you screamed murder when they took your blood samples...!
Never will forget that they did that with Barty when he still was a kitten and that assistent poked and poked. It hurt both of us!!!
So glad you're fine and yes, considering the age, we have all senior kitties and for sure there will be things coming our way.
But for this Christmas it was good. All are well and happy.
Hugs,
Mariette

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

You are one tough kitty. We are glad you are a Christmas miracle. Snuggle up with your mom and she will feel better.

The Chair Speaks said...

So glad you are feeling better, Katie. Purrs and hugs!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Katie, I am glad you turned around, but my human feels your human's frustration! It sounds like that awful "idiopathic" word, which basically means the vet has no idea what on earth is going on, but "as long as it has resolved, let's not talk about it."

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad you are feeling better, Katie. Sometimes these things happen for no apparent reason, but at least you and your mom know everything is in working order.

Lynn and Precious said...

It sounds like the trip to the v-e-t actually ended up being a Christmas gift to your mom Katie. This way she knows that you're well and she'll just keep wondering why you were not eating and drinking your normal. But heck you're a cat, and as a human I know but all caps do exactly what they want when they want. And we humans will never figure out why. Hope you had the best of Merry Christmases after getting home and be sure to stay healthy. You looking good under the tree.

Kea said...

Katie, we're so sorry you had to go to the vet, and sorry for the scare for your mom, but we're glad everything was okay in the end. Whew. Getting older, whether for kitty (or other fur companion) or human brings its own set of challenges!

Take care and enjoy the rest of the holiday.

Derry and the biped

Brian's Home Blog said...

I sure am glad all is okay sweet Katie, we love ya sweetie.

John Bellen said...

It never hurts to have things checked out with the vet, Katie, if a cat's human is worried. Too many times, things are left too late, I think. Besides, when the all-clear is sounded, it makes a cat's human feel very good. May your Christmas season continue to be sweet and peaceful.

Saku said...

Merry Catmouse Katie! I'm so happy to hear that your are okay and just giving your mom bean and brovver a bit of a scare.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

You need to stop scaring your peeps and all of us this way, Katie! But we are glad you gave your Mom a purrsent of feeling better, and we sure do hope you keep up feeling OK.
Pawyers and POTP!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Our humans love as so much that they worry themselves sick over us. We're so glad you're feeling better, Katie!

Purrs,
Tama and Benny

www.shelter-cats.com said...

Whew. I’m sorry that you went through that torture (Sweet Katie) and worry ( Mommy and family). So glad everything turned out OK. I’m counting your blessings!
xxoo
Maggie

Genevieve said...

OMGoodness, KI. That was some scare for your mama and bruvver. We are happy that your testing is good and your "behaviors" are better. Dontcha hate it when the vet talks about your age like that. #rude #ifyouhavenothingnicetosayDONTSAYANYTHINGATALL Stay strong, fren. We love you.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Pam and Teddy said...

Good news Katie girl....very good news. There are many of us who think mature kittychicks totally ROCK and you, my dear friend, ROCK! I'm sorry you might have had a bit of a sinking spell but we all kind of do that sometimes....after all, it's not all that EASY being a cat is it! Heck no - everyone expects us to be adorable and precious every second and hey - sometimes we just aren't in the mood! Anyway, just take it easy, enjoy brovver's visit, and try not to freak Mom out again. They really are easy to scare aren't they!!!!!!!

Hugs, Teddy

The Florida Furkids said...

That's excellent news and we'll bet it was the best present your Mom could get!

Leah said...

So sorry you had to go to the vet, Katie! But I'm also so glad your tests turned out so well.

Eastside Cats said...

If you are eating, peeing, and pooping, Katie, then all is right with the world!

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella...I'm so sorry for the scare but 100% happy to hear, even though we all knew it, YOU are purrfect.
Hugs to your worried Mom...I've been where she was
Cecilia

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

You had me worried as well, I am glad all is ok with you now and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Marvelous Marv said...

Katie Darling, I could have told the vet and your Mom that you are MORE than 100%! You are purrfect! BTW, Our Mom asked me if you had been using one of our litter boxes as they have been super full every day. I am so furry happy that you are my Love! Are you ready for lobster on New Years or is there some other delicacy you would prefer? I am getting the menu for 2 together! Your Kozmo

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Glad to hear you seem to have gotten over whatever bothered you on Christmas and we hope you stay healthy and happy

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

KI, we're so glad you're better! Our mom saw your mom's post on Facebook and we were all worried. Your good news is the best holiday gift. Happy New Year, friends!

Darla M Sands said...

I'm reading this in the reverse timeline. ~silly me~ Best wishes on a healthy New Year!