Kitties! In a few minutes on Sunday, it all changed. I no longer have my football field to run, jump and play in. All of which I was doing. It was the most activity I have had in such a large room in a long time. A L-O-N-G time. Mom didn't know I had it in me!
I spent time looking at the table and chairs all Sunday long. I parked myself on the rug under them and just looked. off into the distance. Mom could not get me to play. I sat on the table...and on the chairs too. Then I went UTB and only came out to eat and use my bathroom. Monday as well. Mom was so sorry that I would not play any longer. My own room (the office) is empty enough in the center but, it's too small to run and jump. And Kitties and woofies, I really was jumping, killing my little family, even Donkey (*embarrassed ears*) and running like the wind.
Now, nothing.
![]() |
| The ENEMY |
![]() |
| Me..so not impressed in a good way! |
![]() |
| So...why play? There's no room. ENEMY! |



33 comments:
Hmm, your mom will have to clear it all out again and give you back your football field, Katie, she can eat elsewhere! ;-)
I LOVED that comment!
I'm sorry you ended up in the end zone sweet Katie!
Humans are always messing with a kitty's happy play area!
Katie, quick call the delivery man back. Take back the offensive and beautiful
table and chairs.
Mom bean says it looks great. We say, if it's in your way Katie, it's gotta go!
Dear Katie, this is exactly why my Momma wants to move even tho we have been here only one year. There is no room for us to run and play, especially AssWabbit. We have no stairs to zoom, and no long rooms to slide through. This house is for old hoomons. Pffft! Tell yoor meowmy to get rid of the nom table. Most of the time my hoomons eat wathing teevee anyway. Love, Dori
Awww, you need to beg your mom to move things around, unless somepeeps need to gather at that table...sorry your fun times were squashed by the big diningroom set...
katie, feer knot ... we can have that resolved ina fast minit.... we just knead a way ta get de peezez outta ther.... onze we haz taken a... saw ..... two de "ensemble" ~~~ ☺☺♥♥
Not to worry, Katie; you'll be used to the new furniture soon. You are a sensitive soul, sensitive to any little change.
You’ll get used to the new stuff, Katie. Actually, that table top looks like a good place to stretch out!
If you wanted to defeat it, you could scratch it, but you know your mom would be sad. XO
I am sorry but I bet you will be able to adjust and will be back to normal in no time.
Poor Katie! Why would Mom put a table and chairs in the middle of your playing field? The nerve!
Poor Katie......for a brief moment in time you had LOTS OF ROOM to run and play and toss your toys in the air and celebrate SPACE. Now you have THE EVIL TABLE AND CHAIRS but know what? you have a bunch of chairs you can hop up onto and nap on and maybe - just maybe - you and the new table and chairs can be at least FRIENDS.
Hugs, Teddy
Katie, what if your mom were to act like Miss Kitty, and like her at the Long Branch Saloon put those chairs on top of the table. Maybe that give you a little running space. Precious
In your Mom's defense, that IS a beautiful table. But, of course, its beauty could never compare to yours, Katie Isabella. And a cat needs to be ferocious and kill things.
We think you need your space back. After all, Mom can eat anywhere but you can't have a fun playspace anywhere ELSE!
The Florida Furkids
Katie Isabella first off I love you hang over on the chair back...and I bet your undercarriage is cool too.
As for the dining set, I'm sorry about your purrsonal space for a day being gone but I 100% agree with Mom on her decision. If my sharp cornered items were where I moved about every day they would be history too.
Hugs Cecilia
Well Katie Isabella that is a beautiful table but I can see that it's also quite a roadblock! Maybe you will find it convenient for lounging as it looks like a great space for naps. You look adorable, by the way!
We like the new stuff a lot, KI. I am sorry it is in the way of your fun. Have you tried running in circles around it - or is that basically a doggie thing? I love running in circles. When I do it outside on my leash, Mom gets dizzy before I get tired. Fun.
Love and licks,
Cupcake
The new table is really pretty and we think if you get a running start you will be able to sliiiiide across it. I bet it would be fun
That is a lovely table though Katie. No evil corners to attack your mom.
Sorry to hear your playground has become home to a table and chairs Katie.
However, if you treat them like your personal gym and climb all over it, then it will be fun!!!! As least I hope that will be the case :/
Purrs, Julie
Our mom says the table is beautiful, but we agree with you, Katie, it is a hindrance. Too bad it can't be folded up and placed against the wall when you need that room for play!
What a nice looking enemy you have
What the Hello Kitty?? I thought your mom was a nice human but now my opinion has changed unless she gives you back what's your's—room to jump and run and play.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Wow but your Mom sure got a beautiful table and one with PAWS!
Is that maybe the reason you're so upset? It is not competing with you at all, those paws are only for keeping the rug in place!
Nothing to fear and you can lounge on those chairs quite often and overlook the room.
You look just like Speckie girl who likes to come into our bay window breakfast area after we're done eating and soak up some sun puddles while being on a chair.
Hugs,
Mariette
We had no Internet for good 12 hours... heavy lightening and thunder, dry for about one hour then very heavy rain and more flashlight from the skies. Weird evening without power after eight so we were in bed early.
Aww, Katie, that's a bummer! I was hoping there wouldn't be another group of encroachers on your space.
The furniture looks so pretty!
I’m sorry but this won’t stand, Katie! Being benched isn’t fair of your mom. Barf on the table next time you feel punky. That’ll show ‘em.
Purrz!
Selina
Hi Katie! We think your new table is lovely! Just you wait, you will LOVE it!
We want to thank you for coming to my birthday pawty at Ann and June's blog. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful blogging furrends. I thought my birthday would be a wash out! But it is the best one ever! We did not expect to be gone so long. First Mom's Aunt's house did not have internet and the day she got home, ours burned up in the fires. We hope to be back to our regularly scheduled blogging! Unless the wind changes and the internet catches fire again! Kozmo say make sure your tunnel is all set up, he will slip through and console you!
Oh dear! I'm sorry, Miss Katie, humans can be so thoughtless.
Post a Comment