April 7, 2021

The Day of Reckoning!

swiped from Face Book

 Kitties!  I went to the v-e-t and guess what?  They allowed mommy in with me.  I had to get there an hour early so I could be given the syringe of gabapentin.  The tech came out to do that in the car with me in my PTU, with mine and mom's approval.  We waited together in the car..mom sat in the back seat with me.  We were hotter than an egg in the frying pan with the sun beating in on us.  Mom had to run the a/c half of that hour wait time.  (Having to sit around inside without me would have been too stressful and the gabapentin didn't work the past two times because of it).

So, we sat and I dozed.  After an hour mom was invited to bring me in and to my suite. I was in a towel but I was not 'burritoed'.  I was hissing, but as I was being examined mom lifted the corner of the towel and said "Mom's here".  I looked at her immediately and quit fussing.  When the time for the blood test came I hollered some and cussed .  Only one loud shout though.  The cussing continued with me telling  them their ancestry.  Mom kept speaking to me and touched my face.  I swore at them when I got the vaccines too. They were certainly aware that they were violating the QUEEN. 

They remarked that it was noted that while I engaged in sailor talk for the blood test,  I  had never tried to bite or scratch.  Ever.  

Kitties, I have to have top right fang removed.  Really, my left one too. They both "dropped" a bit, one more than the other,  and the right one's tip shows when my mouth is closed. Mom will have to schedule the dental and the excision.  

Things went very well and I'll have that drug that starts with a P when the dental is done...  p-r-o-p something or other. So, I won't have worry about that horrible reaction to the other drug.


Here I was day before yesterday, asleep with my headie on my puzzle box.

27 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella you are hilarious: "engaged in sailor talk for the blood test". WTG girl friend we all know girls do not suffer quietly...I'm proud of your talking and the fact you did not draw any human blood
Hugs Cecilia

Saku said...

We're happy to hear that the ebil v e t visit went fairly well. AND especially that your mom bean was able to be there with you the whole time.

Here's our blog info that your mom bean asked for: https://ourkittykorner.blogspot.com/
Tell her we don't post furry often, the mom bean is beyond lazy.

Lynn and Precious said...

It sounds like you acted just as you should at the vet, Katie, vocal but kind
to the sorry humans intruding on your body. Sorry about the fangs, though.
Good thing Mom was with you, or you might have had more to say to the crew. Precious

Marvelous Marv said...

Hee! Hee! Katie you make me laughs, swear like a sailor! I guess you are the Queen of the Pirates! Too bad about the dental. But it is better than having a sore mouth. I know I would be cranky if my mouth were sore. We hope you and your family have a marvellously happy day!

Kea said...

Katie, we're glad your mom was allowed in with you! And that you didn't draw anyone's blood. LOL. We hope the upcoming dental will go well too. ♥

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh how wonderful your Mom could go in with you - made it a lot better didn't it - not that going to the vet will EVER be fun but better is definitely BETTER! Sorry you have to get your fangs removed but you won't miss them I'm sure. I know your Mom is proud of you - so are all of us!

Hugs, Teddy

pilch92 said...

I am glad it went well except for needing a dental. The Tooth Fairy will send you something good. My Sammy had a fang removed and I asked for it so I have it in a small bottle. XO

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm so relieved you got to have your human there for the vet visit. It sounds like it made a world of difference.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Sorry you have to have your fang removed. Glad your mom was allowed in with you x

catladymac said...

Oh we are so glad to read this ! And we send purrayers when the time comes for your dental too.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm glad that parts done sweet Katie and I'm sorry about your fang, I had one gone too, I hated it but lost 16 teeth. We'll all be sending purrs and prayers sweet girl.

Eastside Cats said...

So much disrespect, Katie!

The Island Cats said...

I’m glad your vet appt went okay and you only protested a little bit. I’m sorry you gotta lose a tooth or two, though. ~Ernie

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I am glad your mom got to go with her. You are very brave. Don't worry about letting the curse words fly.

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we are glad this appointment went well, Katie, and that you gave them a proper talking to. Glad Mom was allowed in with you, too.

We are sorry to hear about your fang. We're sending purrs and prayers about that.

Hugs and headbonks!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad your mom was allowed in with you. It made it so much better for both of you.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're so happy your Mom was allowed in with you. Too bad about the dental but we're sure you will do well!

The Florida Furkids

John Bellen said...

What good news, Katie. It must have been a relief to your mum, and felt quite different for you this time. Having your mum there made all the difference.

Leah said...

I'm glad things went well and your Mom was allowed to be there with you. And I see you certainly told them what you thought, sweet Katie! So sorry to hear about the tooth problems though.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Katie we are SO HAPPY that you got through this alright. Your Mom should consider stopping Vax except any needed by your state. We need Rabies. Dad has held all our others since Timmy got a Bump from his last year (it was not supposed to be given but they did)
The next time should be alright if Mom can walk you in and once you are asleep there you go. Do you have any mouth pain? If not why get them out? Have Mom ask. If they are "dropping" they will drop out. Inky, who lived to 22, never had a dental and his just fell out. Timmy has had a few of his do this with no discomfort.
We love you dear Katie and are so glad you are home again being cute

Genevieve said...

It sounds like you received the attention and royal treatment that you rightly deserve at the vet's house this time, KI. We are glad all went well. We wish the same for your tooth-stealing visit. I am putting the Tooth Fairy on notice right now that treats, toys, and extra naps and cuddles are awarded for that special tooth.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Wow, that is a good update!
Hoping that your fangs will get removed in a ‘pleasant’ way.
Big hugs,
Mariette

Mickey's Musings said...

Good to hear you had your mum in with you at the Vet.
Too bad about yout fangs, but at least they will not bother you after they are gone.
I was ate the Vet as well. I have to go back as they could not get a pee sample.
I doubt mum will be able to get a sample ;) MOL!
Purrs, Julie

edie said...

I'm glad that your Mom was able to go inside to the vets with you. Sometimes, you need to cuss people out so they remember who they're dealing with.

Ivan from WMD said...

Having your mom with you is the best, Katie! We're glad the visit went well.

Darla M Sands said...

~hugs~

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Having medicial work done cause many human's to swear as well