Mom and I saw a great video on FB that featured cats showing love to their humans. We both loved every video and those were clear as glass demonstrations of love between the cat and the cat's humans.
Mom Here: I don't recall which video it was. And it stressed the importance of returning that love to the cat. Those were the clearest most demonstrative declarations of love I have ever seen in any media. WAY past just head bonks and weaving between feet. The sweetest snuggle views I have ever ever seen.
People go on about dogs and understandably so. They demonstrate affection and love wonderfully well. But the general populace don't give cats the same credit. Because they don't understand cats are a different species with different ways and can't be compared in actions with dogs. You have to GIVE love to receive it with cats. That is for certain. I know Katie loves me with all her heart. And she knows I love her as well. They all have their unique but unmistakable ways of showing their mom or family their love. It's so plain that anyone who sees the interaction between the cat and their family will instantly recognize that cats are just as affectionate and show it just as well as dogs do. Love, care...those are the key. Most of all your love every day is key.
My Katie, as an example one of many, has a way of talking to me as though she was talking to her kittens that is unmistakable as she gets ready to sleep with me. She comes up to my face and there are a series of little non-meow type sounds. Very soft. Patting my face and kneading my chin and neck; putting her face all the way down to mine. Washing my face . So many other things, and purring so hard. She is getting her nest ready for us, for the night. The cats on the video were the single most loving cats I have seen outside of my own. It's clear their owners love them also, to the max.
I wish people outside of us here, understood cats. To hear them called "sneaky" of all the stupid things to accuse them of because their furred feet are silent, just gets me irritated. And to say they're aloof means the owner doesn't pay any attention to them outside of feeding. I have never had an aloof cat.
I'm about to go into too much detail here, so I will stop for now while I have a snuggling cat in my arms helping with her blog.
25 comments:
I like dogs some but cats have always had my love. It doesn't matter if they're kittens or old ratty tom cats, I just feel a pull.
Neither of my cats is quite as affection as Katie. But Sasha has his own spot on the bed next to me and his motor runs while I give him a cuddle when we go to bed at night. Saku is more demanding and will climb up on my lap and snuggle in. They definitely have their own ways of letting me know they love me too.
There is an old beat-up tomcat that sits on my neighbor's porch.
Every day, when I walk by, I stop to wave at him, or even sit on the steps to pat him some.
He always blinks at me, and I know he loves me, as much as I love him.
Katie Isabella you are one loving kitty and you know just how to show your love to your sweet Mama!! Happy Friday to you two ladies...give me a holler if you ever get our city
Hugs Cecilia
Precious shows here affection by wanting to sleep on my legs a few hours
every evening. Katie shows her love more elaborately and I am a bit jealous.
Cats are just so intelligent and humans that do not think so are just showing
how ignorant they are and maybe uncaring at the same time.
Love this post, thanks. Precious is in her tent til supper time and hair brush
and then legs.
Humans who are ignorant about cats really get on my nerves, lots!
I have heard so many ridiculous things about cats from some humans on my therapy cat visits. Which makes me glad I'm there, to prove to them they have the wrong information, and gently correct them.
Flynn used to make little prrrp prrrp noises to me and I would pick him up and cuddle him. He was never really a lap cat like Eric, but he loved his cuddles. I can hear those noises in my head now and it really hurts not to be able to hear them for real any more.
Excellent post. I agree completely. All my cats show me love in different wats, Joanie gives us kisses, Sammy is always with me and Emmy gives me her toys. :) XO
The mum here.
I could not agree more! Julie is the most ;loving cat I have ever had!
She tolerated the other cats and thought of me as "her" person.
As an only cat now, she is SO happy. She also sleeps next to my pillow.
I hope she stays healthy for many years as I love her so much too <3
Cats are amazing critters and I need them in my life!!!
Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh yes, kitties DO communicate and do so very well!
Ours are rather vocal but even their body-language communication is precious.
There is nothing more special than a kitty, snuggling up to you in bed-their bed that is and they grant us lovingly permission to sleep with them!
How they do understand if feeling sick or tired; they are the BEST comforters.
They talk and tell long stories.
My Barty would purr on end in his final week, he was telling me SO much. His love for family and appreciation for all... Most people never will reach that detailed precision. We both have learned so much from them!
Hugs,
Mariette & Pieter
Spooky-boy; Bandido-boy; Spunky-Tiger; Tiggy-Tiger (2 sisters from the first mentioned boys) and Speckie girl their sister by adoption. A loving harmonious kitty family that OWN the house and everything in it.
You are so right. What also gets us is ignorant beliefs about black cats. Mom hasn't had one yet who wasn't extra loving!
We know all cats love their parents in their own way. They are a little more mysterious than we dogs are, but the love is the same.
Whenever my cats show me affection, I respond. I want them to know that I understand and reciprocate. And I think that if this is the last time they are able to show me how they feel - as one day it will be - I want them to know how I feel in return.
You are EVER so right.....cats are lovebugs.....they show love in so many ways and the problem is some humans simply don't look for it. I love "subtle" and while all their emotions aren't subtle many are - I'm like that too so I get along great with animals but ESPECIALLY with the cats I've known. The long-held gaze, the gentle touch of a paw, so many ways they have of communicating with us and it's a joy to learn to understand them.
Hugs, Pam
People who think cats are sneaky probably never were loved by one. Mom says we show our love all the time.
The Florida Furkids
You are so right, Katie and Mom! Cats have so much love to give. We have never, ever had "aloof" or "sneaky" cats. Never ever. But we have always, always had cats we loved with all of our hearts, who loved us right back.
Marvelous post describing the affectionate ways of cats! Our cats have all showed us affection and we saw it even in those kitties who had been feral or semi-feral to begin with. It's just astonishing to me that cats who were once little wild animals came to humans and learned to communicate and exchange affection. Love them and they will love you back! There is nothing "sneaky" about them just because their paws are soft and their movements are relatively quiet! I find that charming!
What a great post!
Humans that don't understand cats are stupid.
I love snuggling up with Mum and we sleep together x
We have never understood non-cat people. Mom and her Mom were raised by cat lovers! The best thing about going to visit my Grand Parents when I was little was their cats! We lived in a suite in my grand parents house until I was 3 and even though I had my own cat (Grey Cat) who moved with us when we got our own house, I loved Mooshe and Ginger. All cats are different in how they tell you they love you, just like people. Thanks for telling us about Katie! She is a lover! Thanks so much for visiting and we hope you have a marvellously happy day!
We don't understand how cats got that reputation. Mom and I know plenty of lovey-dovey kitties who have no problem showing their families love and affection.
Love and licks,
Cupcake
I think people who don't like cats will never know what they're missing😸Pawkisses for a Happy Day to you and your mommy🐾😽💞
We love hearing how Katie shows her love for you. She's such a sweet girl. It's so sad that we have the reputation for being aloof - so not true!
You are 150 % right here. Even as a senior Tortie with a very stubborn mind Cleo has established in a few short years with us her version of that love, I believe. It is definitely a give and take thing. I've had cats around me as far back as I can remember, and I've always talked with them, played with them, comforted, snuggled and given them my love and always felt they could sense it. I know what people say about dogs vs. cats, but that's bull, I say, and Cleo and a host of her predecessors going back years would agree!
We never understood but really it comes down to paying attention to your cat. A Dog gives attention to the owner like a 5 year old child "Look at me!" A cat returns affection once they feel secure being with a person is so many ways. All my cats give love very differently and even my recluse Miss Fitz squeeks and rubs with loving eyes when she feels in the mood. This is another thing not all cats are built the same. Some are like big worn in sweatshirts and others like comfy shoes. Very different but very nice. My Tim climbed under the covers and started his motor last night and I gave him a lot of chin and head rubs. Sometimes he stays under there all night and sometimes for a few minutes but he always, there or anywhere, looks deeply in my eyes and I can feel the love pouring out. We love you too Katie!
I try to ignore idiots who have nothing good to say about cats. If they're totally aloof it's generally because they were not introduced to human kindness (especially soon enough). And the wildest deserve good care, too. Fellow blogger and cat lover Strayer (https://catwomanflix.blogspot.com/) does good works for those felines in need including a feral colony she took in many years ago.
Since a local stray chose me and got me on the right asthma/allergy medications in 2000, my husband patiently taught me how to carry and generally approach kitties. Our cats get whatever attention they desire and it's such a compliment when they like being around us.
Blessings!
Post a Comment