February 15, 2021

Anam Cara

I, mom, read the best blog ever by the Director of Tabby's Place regarding the kitties there...the kitties out in the world and the ones in your home but in this case, the ones in your heart.  Just in there to stay forever.  Never forgotten, and always loved and cherished.  

If a cat's pet parent is loving, gentle and caring,  the cat knows that and trusts his or her parents. That trust is the beginning, and the whole really, of the relationship you have with your cat.  Our relationships are built on the strong unchanging sense of trust.   Cat's are so trusting, so innocent really.  The innocence is what holds me tightly in its grip.  Katie for example as with all my other cats, only knows gentleness and a silken touch.  I get the same in return from her (and the others).  I can't bear her or they to be treated otherwise by unkind techs etc. Many are dog centric and don't understand how to handle cats. That's the fault of the Office they work in.  

Here below is a link to the Director's blog... and what she said about your precious cat being your Anam Cara.  She went straight to the heart of both the fur baby and the pet parent.  She knows.

https://www.tabbysplace.org/uncategorized/what-you-cannot-lose/

If you love your little one, it will speak to every fiber you have.







23 comments:

Angel Simba said...

Beautifully said. ❤️

Lynn and Precious said...

Thanks to you Katie and your mom for the words and finding the site to share. Lynn and
Precious

Marvelous Marv said...

Great post Katie, we just came back from reading about Anam Cara! Thank you for sharing this post from the Tabby Place! You ROCK! We hope you and your Mom have a wonderful day!

Photo Cache said...

Love begets love. Cats know how to give it a hundredfold when they receive it.

Worth a Thousand Words

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Carole,
Thanks for sharing this! Yes, dreaming about our fur-Angels is not unusual... They live inside our hearts forever.
Shared it with two fur-Angel Moms that lost each one recently.
Thanks.
Mariette

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

What beautiful post. There is not a day goes by that I don't think of my boys and I miss them as much today as I ever did.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We're gonna go read but we already love it!

The Island Cats said...

Katie, you are so loved.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

So much truth. Angela, like her name, is an angel.

pilch92 said...

Katie, you are a sweetie. I will check out that link. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That is beautiful. Thank you for your lovely words and warm thoughts

Ivan from WMD said...

So very, very true.

Thank you for your sweet words about Elliott. We see his picture in your sidebar, too. ❤️

meowmeowmans said...

Angela's words are so beautiful and deeply touching. She is so, so right.

Pam and Teddy said...

What a wonderful article and it SOOOOO speaks to what all of us who adore cats totally understand....that almost indescribable bond/connection/relationship that has made us cat people FOREVER. Thanks for sharing that link - it MADE MY DAY.

Love, Pam

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Thank you for sharing this link, I would have missed it otherwise. There is truth and wisdom in the thoughts of anam cara and although I had not thought of it in the terms the Director spoke of, I guess the transformation I personally underwent is close to what she said. I feel a mission to help those who suffer the loss. I try to reach out and comfort those who feel the world crushed by the loss of their furbaby. So I do try and pass it on and I never forget my beloved and immortal Abby.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

well said

The Whiskeratti said...

I still mourn the loss of Toby and Leia. I snuggle sometimes with roommate's cat Vina, and it's pleasant, but always, always I think of my own, and hurt for them not being with me.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

I struggle so much with the fact that one day Bear won't be here to share my life with me. He's every breath of life I've lived for the last 15 years!

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Katie Isabella...I 100% agree with mom's last sentence.
I was in limbo when Madi the founder of our blog moved to the RB..until remembered I promised Madi her hard work on the blog would live on in her Memory. You furries are embedded deep into our heart's chambers furever
Hugs cecilia

Timmy Tomcat said...

We love Tabby's Place and have been supporters for a long time. Great post. Katie Rumpy Bump sends Whisker Kisses

Leah said...

That is beautiful and profound Katie Isabella, thank you for sharing it . . . I am missing so many kitties.

Darla M Sands said...

Our sweet Luna and Tilly are still sorely missed. It's nice to have two sister kittens after a few years with only geriatric Jezebel. Not sure she will ever be friends with the wee ones, but our home and hearts are full. :) Be well!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Miss Angela writes the best blogs! Our mom misses visiting there.