October 9, 2020

The Dreaded Tiny Black Panfur

 Kitties, I want to thank you for your replies in my last bloggie,  You sure made me meow...believe me.  Some of the suggestions and advice re: Donkey was just what we needed to hear!  Fanks you so muches. We will follow it all.

****************************************************************************

Now I have to tell you that we were visitated by the dreaded Tiny Black Panfur last week, and he refuses to leave.  They are  a lesser known species and the scourge of the jungle and the cities where they prowl...all unseen.  You never know when you will entertain a vicious bitey on your ankle.  They are stealthy and dangerous.

Mom managed to snap a picture of the one who came here to terrify us!  She would have taken another but he turned and showed his fangs!  The only warning we would get.  We knew that instinctively.  We were going to call the Wild Life Management then to help us rid the house of him but he heard us planning and hid.  We know that- because we saw him slinking out of a closet later.  His small size makes him hard to catch.  Perhaps multiple drop traps can be set up?  We will see. 

Here he is...skulking across a piece of wood to lay a bitey on mom when she comes into view.  Luckily he was looking at me and didn't see her there in the mirror.  Whew.



I feel up to the challenge and I know I will be happily hogging the bed tonight as always, with Panfur at the v-e-t when I get finished with him.  NP.


24 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Katie, that tiny black panfur doesn’t stand a chance with you.

Ivan from WMD said...

We have no doubt The Queen can vanquish him in a minute!

pilch92 said...

He is pretty scary. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I wouldn't trust that thing for a second.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Call my human crazy, Katie, but she wants one of those panthers!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I know you will protect your mom, Katie. It is wrong that something so handsome can be so deadly!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

Let me tell you ... those all black house panthers set up shop and NEVER leave! I've been giving Smellie mean looks for three years and she still doesn't have a clue that I don't want her here! Hmph. At least my Momma has the good sense to make me her fave cat. And The Boy? His fave is Smellie! NO WONDER he likes my Momma ... no taste! ~Bear Cat
ps - Katie Isabella, do you think this black panther dude has been eating donkey slowly?! Either way, our money's on you to get rid of him!

Pam and Teddy said...

WOW....well, the fact he's SMALL certainly makes it easier to handle him right Katie? I suggest a small "snare" arrangement with you holding the other end of the rope and hiding behind a chair.....when he steps into the rope circle PULL HARD and take him down! Then toss him out the door never to darken your doorstep again!!

Hugs, Teddy

Smudge said...

Dad says his mom and dad had a matching pair of larger versions of that guy when he was a tot.

Lynn and Precious said...

Your poor mom, Katie. She could get a bitey on her hand while trying to use the sink. I think you will have to keep an eye open for him even when you're trying to sleep tonight. Those kind of Slinky caps can be very sneaky and try to get in bed with you.

My Mind's Eye said...

What a fun piece of handsome art work.
Hugs to to Katie Isabella and your sweet Mama
Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

I don't think he'll mess with you sweet Katie!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Katie that fellow looks very fierce but you probably will be able to put that sneaky Panfur in his place. When you set him straight I bet he will stay right were you say and that will be that.

Eastside Cats said...

Hmm...cast iron, no?
Careful, Katie...you'll hurt your teeth!

Leah said...

Nice-looking metal Panfur, if it moves around in the night then I would be wary of it too!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh you are a fierce queen around your territory!
We have a few black Panfurs, got them from an elderly, cat-loving couple that passed away... They're quietly in our veranda on the window sill.
Hugs,
Mariette

PS Barty worries me, he is not eating the way he used to... refused even his snackie a couple of minutes ago. What can we do? He is purring but not well, he's getting old.

Tamago said...

That looks like a scary panfur even though he is tiny! But you cat take him for sure, Katie san!

Katie Isabella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Tiny and black but in ya way none the less so maybe he has to go

Cupcake said...

You can take that tiny pipsqueak, KI. He will NOT lay bitey on your mama. Not with you on the watch. She is in good paws.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Saku said...

We have no doubts you'll take that panther and toss him out the door Katie!

meowmeowmans said...

That's a handsome panfur, Katie, but we know you'll show him that you're the boss! XO

John Bellen said...

I'm sure he's just making sure you don't attack him. He's just looking for a quiet, cosy spot to bed down. It's what you get for having such a warm and welcoming home, Katie.

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

You make sure who's boss to that black panfur, Katie, he has to know his place ..MOL 😸Double Pawkiss🐾😽💞