October 28, 2020

Rainy Week and Me Asleep

 Kitties!  It's raining hard and won't stop.  Nothing to do but doze and then...sleep.  Mom said she has to keep on anyway so she'll clatter around doing her stuffs.

Here I am on my new Lounge Scratcher.  I like this.  I sent a snap off to Austin to tempt him through the tunnel.  I saw him at his window looking for me, so I may head over there to him in Wales instead.


The last three nights have been great for me AND Mom- meaning I have drawn up beside her head and parked up against the side of her head and face,...my furs touching all the way down her face. The deep purring and wonderful warmth of my right side against her face touching but not a heavy crowding in, has sent her straight off to sleep every time, even though she was busy thinking up a storm as she laid there.  As soon as I went over and placed my side against her...off she went to dreamland.  Just one more loving service I provide. 

30 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

gracious katie you know it's so not raining right now in europe I;m told so what
say we hit the airport a flight and then the fashion mall to discover what's what
with style this fall and bring 3 extra handbags with hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥♥

pilch92 said...

Your mom is blessed to have you. My Sammy purrs me to sleep and makes muffins in my hair. XO

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Lovely post and love your scratching lounge!
How in the world does your Mom make the photo show in the Thumbnail on the Blog List?
Hugs,
Mariette

meowmeowmans said...

Great job helping Mom sleep like that, sweet Katie! And we love your scratching lounge. We have one almost just like that, too. We hope you get some sunshines real soon! XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We help our momm sleep too. We are better than a warm blanket

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

That scratcher bed does look awesome. My human needs melatonin to get to sleep. I'm afraid I'm not that helpful!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Katie, we are getting day after day of heavy rain and storms. Enough is enough!
Do you know that Wales is under lock down? You will have to sneak in very quietly through your tunnel to visit Austin.

Pam and Teddy said...

Katie I do think your Mom will agree that sometimes you are the very best SLEEP AID available for her to use!!!! You look quite happy in your new scratcher/bed too. ENJOY - get rest - it's not easy keeping our humans happy is it.

Hugs, Teddy

Kea said...

Hi Katie. That scratcher bed is the perfect spot to while away the rainy days. ☔

Take care and stay well, both of you.

CATachresis said...

Dear Katie, I am glad you made it through to me!! It's true, Wales is in lockdown, so you were furyy bwave to even try! ❤️❤️❤️

Lynn and Precious said...

Hello Katie, Precious got a new carry all bag to sleep on. It was a surprise
gift to me! From the library for still continuing to use their services. Oh, the rain.
up here in Ohio too. So sad to see the South continually getting drenched. Do like your
new scratchy bed. Precious needs her nails cut, and besides her planting them in me, I
know when she uses her scratchy post more, that's because she's proud of the sharp points.
Wonderful you and your mom figured a good nights' sleep with a very close fur cuddle and
not a tight grip.

Cupcake said...

So happy you two got this all squared away. Kitties need their sleep! Moms, too, I guess. But kitties! Am I right?

Love and licks,
Cupcake

My Mind's Eye said...

You are a magic Feline with special powers.
Are you for hire?
Hugs
Cecilia

Saku said...

You're such a good girl Katie! Enjoy your naps, hopefully the mom bean's clatter doesn't wake up. :)

Leah said...

Nice scratcher indeed, Katie Isabella! You are wonderfully helpful with sleep!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We are napping with the rain to Katie and that is an awesome bed you have there. So glad you and Mom are having good sleepy times

Eastside Cats said...

Katie, when Sweetie decides to sleep next to my face, she flops down hard, and her fur tickles my face! She only does that when I'm not on my back, otherwise she'd be on my chest.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

COld and wet here all week, weather that's make us sleepy

The Island Cats said...

Katie, your mom is so lucky to have you lulling her to sleep.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

We love hearing about how much you and your Mom love each other! We've been thinking of you two a lot.

Tamago said...

It was raining so hard here as well. Looks like it finally stopped, though. Lovely to hear both you and your mom had great nights. I imagine she goes to dreamland smiling with your sweet service :-)

Smudge said...

Lots of rain here, too. Especially the last two days. And the wind- goodness!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

We had a wonderful day, Katie, finally, but we can send you some sunbeams if you want ;)
👻Extra Spooky Pawkisses for a Happy Halloween👻🐾😽💞

John Bellen said...

I'm sorry I'm a bit behind on reading my favourite blogs, Katie; I know you'll understand. But it's great to read about you sending your mum off to sleep with purring. It reminds me of when my Cammie would lie across my neck and purr. I didn't always fall asleep to her doing it, but it was a great comfort to me nonetheless. Your mum is lucky to have you - but she knows that.

The J-Cats said...

Katie, you know that if you get tired of all that rain, all you have to do is teleport over to Us, to enjoy the sunshine. Don't wait too long, though - there's no telling how long it will last and the skywater might arrive any day now.

Angel Simba said...

So glad about the perfect sleeping position, for both of you!😻😻

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie sleeps the EXACT same way!!! I love it when she does that too. So warm, cozy and loving.

Katie Isabella said...

I’m SO ready!!

BeadedTail said...

You have special powers, Katie!

Anonymous said...

That is great you park yerself near Moms head. I tried that but TBT moves too much. He can get by with me in the crook of his knees so I do that. He still moves around, but I adjust. ~ LAZ