January 4, 2020

White Mousie Had His Surgery

Oh KITTIES!  White Mousie was in surgery tonight.  He had a terrible gaping spinal wound.  He was good while under the needle and thread and woke up grateful.  However, he did cry as he was taken from his place in the living room for his surgery.




NOW I see his pink eye is  in sad shape and put OUT!   And more surgery is going to have to happen.  I'll have a hard time catching him again after tonight's work!


 Here he is. His scarring is not minimal..it is blatant and does not speak well of Mom.  However, his wound is closed and there will be no more close calls.

26 comments:

The Whiskeratti said...

Oh no, I am so sorry he had to under the needle! But you know, they say chicks dig scars. Do cats? :)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Guess you did NOT do FIRST AID on poor White Mousie....!
Glad that your Mom rescued it and hope it stays doing 'reasonably' well in the household with one living-room-panther in action!
Hugs,
Mariette

Brian's Home Blog said...

At least he came through it okay sweet Katie!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Your mom is an excellent surgeon. I am sure your friend will be safe

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Is your human qualified to do that? Does she have a degree? I hope your mousie doesn't sue for malpractice!

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

And he looks as though he's been in the
washing machine to..how clean and sparkly
he looks..though l am a bit worried about
the paper around his bottom/bum...! :o).

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Mousie! I wish him a speedy recovery and hope his eye op goes equally well.

Pam and Teddy said...

So glad his spinal wound has been repaired - I'm sure you will take great care of him while he's recovering. Be gentle with him until he's ready for play again!

Hugs, Teddy

CATachresis said...

Very relived that White Mousie came through the surgey ok!!

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Poor Mousie. Glad you have a local surgeon on hand. xo Diana

My Mind's Eye said...

White mousie bless your heart...lets home once you have healed you can have a serious talk with your surgeon....totally unacceptable to have scarring.
Hugs Cecilia

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we are glad the surgery was success, even if it wasn't the most elegant. He'll be ready for more action real soon, Katie! XO

Anonymous said...

Dear Katie
I bet you that White Mousie will need more surgery! Kozmo and I are "enthusiastic" with our Mousies, much to Ninja's chagrin. He prefers them pristine and takes good care of them.
Purrs
Marv

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie tell your Mom I agree about the roads from Charlotte to Raleigh...horrid.
Guess what she can catch the Amtrak in Charlotte to Raleigh. Wednesday I have a post
all about Raleigh's New Union Station. Maybe if she sees it she might come.
Tell her we'll pick her up and take good care of her!!
Hugs Cecilia

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

So good that white mousie came through the surgery ok

The Island Cats said...

We hope white mousie makes a quick recovery, Katie.

Cupcake said...

I think Mousie looks great for a guy that just went under the needle and thread. Don't be too hard on your mom. I mean - at least she used white thread. My mom sews everything in black thread, no matter what color it is. #shecreatesfrankenstein

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Ivan from WMD said...

It's nice your mom took the time to care for your friend, Katie. When our toys need help? They go to the basket in the Forbidden Pantry, and who knows where after that!

Tamago said...

Oh poor mousie! But I’m glad he is done with surgery now....until the next one. Let him rest well and hopefully he will be ready to play with you soon :-)

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Poor Mousie!

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Mice in ER is not good, but it looks like the surgeon has done a good job. Mousie is ready to be up
and at 'em! - Tom x

Anonymous said...

White mousie was lucky. Ours just exist under they are completely unrecognizable. In fact, there is a whole container of Iza's deeded rattley mice. Just sad skins, the poor things.

On the other paw, there are some mousies that just never seem to die. Softy Mouse is just all empty cloth (it used to have Nip). And there are Purple, Bloo, and Pink softy mousies that are just stuffed with cotton and are unskinable. Iza ignores those, but Ayla loves the and carries them around.

John Bellen said...

Fortunately, little animals can live very well without an eye, even without both eyes. I think Mousie will be feeling better.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Whew he really did have a serious situation Katie! So glad he will be ready fur the New Year of playing and fun. No worries we hear mousies eyes come back with little effort of the healing hands
Purrs sweetie

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

OH my goodness! Poor white mousie! He'll be in good paws with you, we're sure. Please thank you mom for the lovely comments she has made on our blog.

Angel Simba said...

White mousse would be I. Dire straights without your surgeon on call 24/7! That eye is ghastly! And his spinal wound must have been disastrous.