August 23, 2018

Moving Right Along

Mommy rested very well night before last after she got her sleeping apparatus in order.  FitBit logged 8 hours of continuous sleep.  I asked her to get up however at 7.  A girl has an appetite!  Feed me.

 Meanwhile as each hour passed in that day, yesterday, she felt worse and worse she said.  Last night she went to bed at 9.  Had to get up at 0430 to take brother for a CT scan, so she was was surprised to feel good!  Apparently she was worse off that night than she even thought she was. Two great nights sleep filled the bill.

Know what was funny she told Brovver this morning?  What when she turned on the little bedside lamp, I was standing there looking  in her direction with my eyes closed against the light.  Poor woman thought that was adorable.

OH!  Just before the alarm went off she had looked at the clock at 0430 and just got up.  But before she did, she glanced over at me and almost laughed aloud  I was spread all over the bed except the space she filled herself.   I stretched from her elbow to her ankles and filled the entire bed from the middle to the other side of it.  A huge furry Tuxedo  just owning that bed! I did NOT want to be wakened and I did NOT want to get up.  Just sayin'.  (well, her either, truth to be told).





28 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I sure hope the Mom gets all caught up on her rest sweet Katie!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human has a FitBit... and she has NEVER had 8 hours of continuous sleep. Well, maybe ONCE. Usually she is lucky to get 6 1/2.

The Whiskeratti said...

We make sure ours never gets that much continuous sleep. We NEED stuff. And we loved that drawing of you all stretched out. We totally believe you took up that much room. It's a gift we felines have.

NanaDiana said...

LOL- So could we literally call you a FAT CAT if you take up all that space? Glad mom is feeling better! Take good care- xo Diana

pilch92 said...

Cute drawing :)I am praying the cat scan went well. XO

The Island Cats said...

We hope your mom doesn’t really think you’re a big as she is, Katie. :)

M Dawson said...

Oh you made us laugh with this post. I hope Mum is OK now and yeah you can certainly sleep!

Marjorie and the Dash Kitten Crew

Ivan from WMD said...

We wish our mom could get that much sleep! Usually she wakes up about a million times a night, a trillion in the heat. Oh well, We've given up on training her how to sleep. We love the drawing!

meowmeowmans said...

That was a fun post, Katie! Way to own that bed, pretty girl!

Purrs and prayers for good CT scan results for your brother.

dellgirl said...

It's good Mommy got a couple of nights of good sleep. I hope she gets more and starts to feel better more often, sweet Katie! You do a great job of taking care of Mommy. Way to Go Katie!

Pam and Teddy said...

I think humans are jealous of all the sleep we kitties get....sometimes they just want to be CAT-like and sleep sleep sleep. I'm glad your Mom feels BETTER though. I suspect she might have exaggerated a LITTLE about you taking up 3/4 of the bed though - you are a little dainty princess so of course you couldn't be sprawled out like a blankie!

Hugs, Teddy
p.s. Hope your brovver's scan was GOOD

CATachresis said...

Hahaha!! Miss Katie you caused the first laugh of the day!! :-) ❤️

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
So often I laugh when I have to get up (about 4 x each night) for draining the huge amounts of water needed for my CKD, when our Speckie girl owns the entire bed. I wonder at times how I got in there with her laying in the middle of the down duvet. But we love them and we all love to have a good night's sleep. But sleeping for 8 continuous hours is way in the past for me.
Hope your Mom gets a good night rest and will feel fit, as emotional anxiety also drains our strength.
Hugs,
Mariette

Tamago said...

LOL LOL the drawing is hilarious! But very accurate, I imagine :-) Glad your mom got good night sleep. It's so adorable and funny that you were looking at her direction with your eyes closed :-)
I hope your brother will get good result for CT scan xo

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL we love the graphic......Katie you kinda look like me when I'm on my back...my sides fall over making me like like a double wide...
MOL laughing with you my friend. I tell mom it is all fur
Hugs madi your bfff

Colehaus Cats said...

MOL! That drawing! Thank you for a smile today, Katie!

Cupcake said...

That drawing is very funny, KI, plus accurate in the best way ever. There's no reason for your mom to have any more bed space than she absolutely needs. The rest is yours!

We hope your brother did fine in his medical test.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad your mom had a good long sleep. I am lucky if I sleep for 2 hours! The drawing made me laugh.

Saku said...

Too funny Katie, you sure know how to make yourself comfortable!


We're glad to hear the mom bean had a decent night's sleep (or two). It is a bit noisy here at night too with the sticky bean but mom manages with ear plugs. Lucky we kitties can sleep through anything. :)

Pattyskypants said...

Ha ha!! That's how it is with Daffy and me when I take a nap. SHE owns the bed! xoxo

Kea said...

Katie, that drawing made us laugh! You look huge, and of course we know you're not. We think your mom was trying to express how much room she *thinks* you take up, when really, you're allowing her to have most of *your* bed, out of the goodness of your heart.

P.S. We're sending our thoughts and purrayers to your human brother and hope the CT scan produced good results. Purrs.

Anonymous said...

We kitties sure CAN take up a lot of bed space. We 3 can use up a king-sized bed so well that TBT has ta move at least one of us just ta get in!

Anonymous said...

Hee! Hee! We do that too! And we LOVE LOVE LOVE the drawing of you in bed with your Mom!
Please give each other a kiss from me!
Purrs
Marv

Smudge said...

Oh goodness me, you gotta love that cat sprawl!!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

OMC! Love that drawing! MOL! As it should be!

Angel Simba said...

Oh, Katie, you really expanded! Sorry to learn about Mommy's sleep troubles and glad she sorted out her apnea machine. If it was going to die, it ought to have told her beforehand and she would have chosen another one!

Angel Simba said...

Oh, and all fingers and toess crossed for the CT scan results.

SailorEdgar said...

I'm glad your Mom finally got some decent sleep. What if she became so sleepy that she forget to feed you!?!? :-)