March 7, 2023

Sunny Day. Chasin' the Clouds Away...

Kitties!  Mom's in a slump,  so I haven't been here in quite a while, but I forced her to the computer anyway just now.  She got home from deserting me for the track, fixed herself a BLT, and did not even offer a brushie for me yet!  I asked all morning before she left at 9.  No regard for me AT all.  Now she's downing Dr. Pepper like it was manna or something!  Sheesh.


Ok.  Fine.  I'm outta here! 

Watching mom.  Carefully.

Closer...where's the brushies? 

 


 

23 comments:

Adorapurr said...

Dearest Katie, this slump thing worries me. It seems my momma is slumping too. Complains of achy knees and not having enough time in the day to do evfurrything she needs/wants/really should do. It's exhausting just being around her. If yoo find a magic pill for yoor meowmy, please let me know. I may buy a whole bottle. Love, Dori

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, keep a close eye on mommy. She's getting fresh air outside and it makes hoomans a bit snoozie later on. But we kitties hold the gold fur being the most snoozie. I'm in my bed tent right now as the north wind is blowing and Lynn most likely will not open the inside door fur me to git a sun puddle today. Precious

Kea said...

Katie, I'm sending your mom tons of Universal Light and hope her slump doesn't last long. I'm all too familiar with my own forms of that. ♥

I also hope you didn't have to wait too long for your brushies!

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella bless your itty bitty kitty heart. Abandoned, neglected and starved on the same day. I say revenge is sweet.
In Mom's defense walking is exhausting and here our air is full of yellow dust of the devil aka Pollen. Hard to breath.
I'm glad mom liked my little ballerina photo today.
Hugs Cecilia

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

How you must feel put out but you are loved

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Sometimes Mom needs to take a little break.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Oh you pitiful girl!
No brushies yet...
I haven't had mine today.
But I'm here visiting you.
Hugs,
Mariette

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I hope the slump doesn't last too long and you get your brushies

Brian's Home Blog said...

You should put a donkey on her head tonight sweet Katie!

pilch92 said...

There should be a rule: No blt or Dr. Pepper until after brushies. XO

meowmeowmans said...

Even the most amazing moms like yours can get in a slump now and then, Katie! We do hope you get some good brushies soon, though. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I am sure you can help her find her smile.

The Island Cats said...

I hope she put down the Dr. Pepper and brushed you, Katie.

Marvelous Marv said...

Katie darling, slip through the tunnel and I, Kozmo will groom you. I'm sure you will enjoy it! My Mom has a meeting tonight and we can watch bird TV too! Purrs, Kozmo

messymimi said...

Sometimes your person is hard to manage, just ask my kitties.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Slumps happen. She still loves you SO much!

John Bellen said...

I don't know, Katie; the thought of a blt would make forget a lot of things, too...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we agree about slumps... She'll get on you again soon. BTW, has she tried that DR Pepper Strawberry and Cream?

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Hope the brushies were forthcoming! She can rest with you on her lap, and brush away!

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Nothing like brushing a cat to get you out of a slump there Mom! (Well, I tried Katie Isabella) :)

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh cod, dee mum sometimez getz so rapped up in dere stuff, yoo need to gibz here a good taking too

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

You make it very clear that you get what you want, sweetie, no one can restist that looks😸More Pawkisses for now🐾😽💞

Darla M Sands said...

Awww... Hang in there! You are so loved and I know your mum is loved by you. :D