September 30, 2022

Getting Cold.

 I need mom's chest and belly in order to sleep.  It's cold out there, even if it isn't inside.   I lost a little weight but 14 pounds of me on her chest or belly is more than she can stand very long when she's trying to sleep.  Last night I gave her a break and came to bed late...and at her side.  She was feeling badly all day and I knew that.  So she slept well and comfortably for once. 





23 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

You're such a sweetie taking care of your Mom. Hugs to you both from us.

Lynn and Precious said...

Katie, nice you gave your mommy a sleep break. Were you up wildlife watching into the dark of the night? I am now using Lynn's sewing table chair, with a very soft cushy just fur me, to stay up all night staring into the darkness. Lynn checks on me every trip to her pottie in the middle of the night. I always give her paw a sniff and then a kiss on the lips. Precious

Eastside Cats said...

We know that your Mom is happy for every single second of your purrs, Katie.
Sweetie likes to sit on my chest, and I enjoy it...except for the walking onto me and off again.
Her paws feel like tiny jackhammers...

Kea said...

You're taking especially good care of your mom at this difficult time, Katie. Our love and hugs to you both. ♥

My Mind's Eye said...

Dear Sweet Katie Isabella you are so very well tuned into your mom's feelings and know exactly what she needs and when she needs it.
MOL MOL MOL at the knitting kitty
Hugs and OMCs we are gonna get drenched today. Ian is going to rain on my virtual parade today with 2-4" of rain. My birdies had some foul language this morning when they say all the feeders aka potential projectiles GONE.Cecilia

Gidget Blue Sky said...

i always spoon da mum in bed

Saku said...

Oh dear Katie, we do so hope your mom bean is feeling better today. Purrhaps you may want to give her a break for a few more days.

MOL! I can't knit either and my mom bean has had to clean up a similar mess a time or two.

pilch92 said...

You are a sweetie. I am glad your mom has you to comfort her in this dark time. XO

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

You are not too big--you are just the right size Katie!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Sure glad you are not into knitting...!
How considerate you are of letting Mommy sleep well—she sure needed and deserved that.
It is cold and windy, might come back to normal temperatures within a couple of days when that Ian monster finally leaves our country for good. It has caused already enough grief for so many.
Big hugs,
Mariette + kitties and Pieter of course!
Our kitties today are all 4 15.5 years—senior kitties and our youngest, Speckie weighs 13.5 lbs and Tiggy–Tiger only 7 lbs but she's always been way too hyper!

Leah said...

Good for you, Katie, taking such excellent care of your mom. Hugs and purrs from us.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Just this week I told Mudpie she's either gained weight or I'm getting old because she's feeling heavier on my chest and stomach!

Mickey's Musings said...

Awwwwww! Katie, it is so sweet of you to look after your Mum.
I bet she appreciates your comfort. The nights are getting cooler so you two can snuggle together and be cozy. Better stay off her chest though. Humans have this thing about wanting to breathe. Sheesh! Surely we are not that heavy!!!!!!!
Anyway, you girls take care of each other!
Purrs, Julie

messymimi said...

An overly sleepy mom can be a cranky mom, so i do suggest letting her get her rest.

Marvelous Marv said...

Katie, you are wonderful taking care of your Mom like that! We all did that for our Mom and she really appreciated it. Our Mom says that she wishes she lived closer. A nice cup of tea and sugar cookies or walking through the the trees crunching the leaves underfoot and smelling the wonderful fall air helps the heart. Sending you virtual hugs from all of us (and Kozmo sends kisses to his grrl Katie). Love Barb

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

You are very sweet and considerate to let your Mom have her quality rest, Katie. Especially in these hard days she is having.
We can't knit either, LOL! That reminds us of the story of Harry and the Sweater...he unraveled it!

John Bellen said...

Even sleep isn't always a refuge from great sorrow. But it's good that you are there to help your mum, Katie.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

sending (((hugs))) to you and your Mom. I have been thinking about her. It's understandable she isn't feeling like herself right now. You are wonderful taking care of her xoxo

meowmeowmans said...

That was so thoughtful of you to give Mom a little break, Katie. We hope she si feeling better today. XO

Anonymous said...

Lori here: I have the same problem with Dad. He loves it when I sleep unner the covers with him, but I heat him up a bit an he likes "cool". So we have a little game. He moves around in bed so I am pushing against his least hot spots (lower back, crook of knees). I try for his hottest parts (tummy). He moves away a bit but keeps me against him and cuddles me with his hand. It generally works out eventually. I get enough; he gets enough.

The J-Cats said...

Katie, you were furry considerate about letting your Mommy sleep. She needs it - and she also needs you, at this furry sad time.

WE can't knit either. Mummy can - but She neffur finishes anything (mol).

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

It's good to sleep near your mommy, Katie, that's all she needs right now, when she feels better, I'm sure you can be on top of her again, but you know when instinctively, don't you💗Extra Pawkisses🐾😽💞

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Yes you can...MOL...Granny remembers her kitty Muschy, she was good in knitting too, so good, that they were walking on knitted wool in the whole room, because she made a whole web out of it😹Double Pawkisses🐾😽💞