Kitties...mommy saw maybe 40 cans of FF cat food and very very little of other brands... She walked to the other side of the store and look what she saw for the woofies?
 |
That's my cart you see up there above. And the few foods at the very end are specialty "frou frou" foods most of us don't buy for our cats.
However:
The dogs fare wonderfully well. And four more aisles of foods than the cats used to have, too. They have one aisle.
|
24 comments:
We know, Katie. There seems to be a large bias against cats in general, in many ways. The prescription canned that Derry is supposed to be on for the IBD issues is on back order and has been for a few weeks now. The same brand of prescription dog IS in stock at our clinic. We hope your mom had already stocked up for you!
That the same way here to Katie and the cat food shelves just keep sitting there empty.
Except for the pricey brands of wet food (free range peacock from the grounds of Windsor Castle in London minced) cannot find the regular food we eat here except a few cans here and there--not enough for 3 cats. Chewy doesn't have the main ones I want either, so I just substitute and pay a lot more and be thankful at least there is some cat food loft. I think it may be going to get worse so I am not above hoarding if I could find some to hoard!
Katie, hope your mom can find some of your favorite foods, but she may have to
drive all over the country to do it. Lynn tells me she went into a gourmet pet food
store just for funsies not long ago and did not buy me a single thing. And they only
had one short aisle for kitties. But 6 long aisles for doggies! Not fair even for
the gourmet foods, but they seem well stocked if Lynn would have bought me $2 a can food.
They also had an electric kitty litter ball-box for only $550. She did not buy it either.
And since it was before Christmas, I feel very neglected. Precious
I don't understand this. There is great profit in cat-food; you'd think that alone would keep the shelves stocked.
Dearest Katie Isabella,
It is very scary to see this happening for so long already.
At present our kitties are feasting on their favorite food, long time not seen...
Let's hope things will turn into a more positive way for all of us; including our fur babies!
Hugs,
Mariette
Same here and we don't understand it.
What the what?? That seems unfair. Have you ever tried dogfood, KI? Maybe there's a can of that stuff in your future. Once when I had surgery, the vet gave me cat food to stimulate my appetite. It was GOOD! I hope your mama finds the secret stash of kitty food soon...
Love and licks,
Cupcake
Very unsettling to see that, I sure hope the supply gets better soon.
What the hell, how annoying is that
Phooey on those empty shelves. Sometimes I see them like that here, too...and if I get to the store at the right time, then there is plenty...briefly!
Hope your Mom can get you stocked up.
Poor cats always get cheated.
Wow, that is discrimination Katie! We sure hope your mom bean found enough fuds to keep you happy for awhile.
Its not any better here in the Great White North. On Friday I had to go to 3 stores to find the Friskies that the cats will eat (Absolutely NO Fancy Feast). So I bought a box of a generic store brand and the cats are inhaling it! Go figure!
Same thing here, no matter where you go. Mom's noticed holes on shelves for people food, too--it's like it was after the pandemic began.
Sheesh. Cats really get the short end of the stick.
Cat parents need to unite and be heard. Cats count too
That's ridiculous!
Typical......our grocery stores (all four of them in town) look like this. My Mom orders my foodables from Chewy (if they have it and aren't out) or Petco. I think it's sad that stores don't have stock on hand for cats while the dogs have an endless supply. Mom says it's frustrating but they all claim "supply chain" problems. That's been the excuse for way too long!!!
Hugs, Teddy
I don't understand this either Katie Isabella. The canned cat food section at my grocery store is very sparse too.
One would thank 'supply chain' problems would be the same for dog or cat food.
Hugs Cecilia
We cats get cheated out of so much! I get my cat food from the boutique shops and they are well stocked with my brands.
We at Wonderpurr Central are concerned that cats are being shunned into a second class category. The grocery stores carry limited stock for cats, while yes - like yoor store - the dog asile(s) are full. As a result we order from Chewy, but sometimes the food we like is out of stock and if Mom orders a different brand, then invariably someone gets a bad case of the barfies (or worse.) Cooking for this many cats is not an option, but we've started to boil chicken for Jack who is the one who gets sick the most. So sad for us kittehs. Love, Dori
What the heck? We are having trouble getting our prescription food. We know our dad is driving further to get our canned noms. Don’t know what the grocery store looks like. Dad does the shopping, and he hasn’t shared. We cats deserve better! Pffft! XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, angel Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer & Kizmet
We're fortunate to have favorite foods still available in Southwest Ohio. I hope things improve for everyone. :)
Post a Comment