August 20, 2021

That Was Close (I thought)

 Good Grief Kitties!  I asked to have the door opened yesterday just before Mom went out to the store.  She asked the favorite brovver who was here to close the door when I left it.  

She returned home after a good hour and I was still on the doorway.  No sunpuddle.   It was a cloudy day and the temp was 86.  I stayed a half an hour longer and finally came into the living room.  I flopped on the carpet which was unusual.    

Long story short, I followed mom into the kitchen.  It has a  polished wood floor. The ceiling light was on as it was a cloudy day- and mom happened to see my foot prints...sticky ones too, all over the floor. She wiped the floor down, and she wasn't able to get them wiped off well; and more appeared.  She finally realized I was sweating.  I was also lethargic and it scared her. She called for a v-e-t appointment and got one for very early in the morning what would be, today.  Mom was surprised just how scared she felt.  Admiral was very sick the last few months she was with mom and left sweaty paw prints all over.  It made mom think I was very sick when she saw these that I made.

She had my appointment but she wrote a very caring blogger about me and asked their opinion.  Citations were sent and the info that sweaty paw prints in themselves did not mean hit the panic button--which I did. 

Mom Here:  She slept on my lap awhile being petted, and woke cool and non sweaty.  W-H-E-W! 

I know how much she meant to me but I didn't know I would get this wrung out.  I think the suddenness of it got to me. And it wasn't boiling hot where she was. 




29 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are so glad you are okay sweet Katie, anything unusual causes panic here too.

Kea said...

We, too, are glad you're fine, Katie. The biped well understands the immediate panic when something isn't normal! Hugs to your mom and nose taps to you. ♥

Lynn and Precious said...

So glad to see it was not serious. But moms worry about fur babies and that's what
we pet moms do best, worry. But sweaty paws would have put me in a panic, as I have
never seen that with a cat I've had before.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

my stars girl please don't go scaring your mom and your brothers and your friends like that and I daresay I'm ever so glad you are OK and I hope you stay Ok and please stay out of the stupid nasty tried to hurt you doorway unless of course we are going shopping and you want to go out the doorway and not the window or something and st francis' blessings because with hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥♥

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
Never have seen any sweaty paws on our kitties...
Guess you must have fallen asleep in the sunshine and became dehydrated.
Glad you're fine now!
Hugs,
Mariette

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad you were okay, Katie. Flynn always had sweaty paws when he went to the vet and sometimes at home too. It was normal for him. I think maybe because he was so active and never kept still for long.

The Whiskeratti said...

I was scared for a minute! I'm so glad Katie is ok.

pilch92 said...

That is scary. I am glad you are OK sweet Katie. XO

Eastside Cats said...

I noticed something with Sweetie yesterday, and I was up half the night worrying about it.
Know that panicky feeling well, and am glad to read that Katie is fine.
When The PO'M was outside, I would rub him with a wet cloth, which he just loved.
He never was a summertime kitty; he liked Winter.

Ivan from WMD said...

Glad to hear you're OK, Katie. We think all moms (and dads) get upset when something seems off. Better safe than sorry, you know.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

We are glad you are doing well. Human bruddders cannot be trusted.

Marvelous Marv said...

Its always better to be safe than sorry. And We LOVE our human brother!

The J-Cats said...

Katie, Mummy read on Fursbook that you were feeling poorly - but We can't tell, because of the time gap between Israel and the US, which was written furrst. Please be well, darling Katie. We are purraying for you.
Xoxox.

Pam and Teddy said...

Teddy does a lot of sweating when he has to go to the vet but not around the house. I would worry too and DO worry whenever something just doesn't seem "right" or "normal" with him. Sounds like maybe you just were in front of that door a bit too long Katie - especially if it was humid out. Glad you are OK. Your Mom loves you and if you're not "right" she's not right either!!!!!

Hugs, Mom Pam

Smudge said...

Oh, that must've been so scary. Mom and dad freak out easily, too, when I seem off. Dad always plays the age card, but I just brush him off. Glad you made out okay, dear girl.

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh Katie Isabella...I can hear moms concern in her words and I would have probably been on high alert too. Moms have extra sensory antennas when it comes to their babes
Hugs and so happy all is A OK.
Cecilia

Seeking Serenity said...

aww, mommy has been through so much and is quite sensitive... I understand xxxooo

The Florida Furkids said...

Moms worry about us and every time we do something unusual they panic. It's because they love us so much.

Genevieve said...

Moms panic easily. It keeps the vets in business. Get well soon, KI. Good luck at the vet's house tomorrow. Try not to be too afraid.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Leah said...

Katie, the kitties and I are so happy that you are okay . . . we would also worry if we saw anything unusual.

Saku said...

We're happy to hear you are okay Katie. You certainly worried your mom bean so, and our mom bean sends her virtual hugs.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Oh, Katie, your mom must have been so scared! We know you mean the world to her. We're glad you're okay.

catladymac said...

We are so glad you are doing ok Katie ! Purrs !

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

You had us worried for a bit but I am pleased you are ok

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

We have had sweaty paws here too! Thank goodness we have aircon!!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, Katie.

meowmeowmans said...

We are so glad you are doing better, Katie. Your mom worries about you because she loves you so much, sweet girl. XO

John Bellen said...

It rarely hurts to err on the side of caution. Your mum is smart and caring.

Timmy Tomcat said...

So glad it was just a case of the hots. But you are pretty hot especially in that pink outfit Katie
Angel Timmy and Family

Hubba Hubba
Rumpy Bump