May 1, 2020

Sunpuddles and Patrolling and a long blog.

  I have rotated between my fave sunpuddles since I got up today.  AND I am keeping an eye on the house against introoders.

Mom said I showed some thinking and some love the other day.  You see if you agree.  I was really REALLY upset about that male brown tabby who keeps calling on me, despite my saying my heart belongs to another.  He leaves a spray on  the wall of MY HOME  outside as a declaration of his intentions.   I was spitting, hissing, howling, trying to climb the door and get at him a few days ago...low guttural growls, there was no doubt.  Mom wanted to close the front door --where I was showing him what a real ladycat is!

I showed displaced aggression as mom reached waaaaay over the space between us to close the door. I hissed loudly at Mom, showed all my teefs and howled.  She spoke very low and said she was closing the door.  I wheeled and come to her..I showed her really how much I love her despite the aggression I had concerning the Tabby.  I came quickly to her...swiped at her pants legs while she stood there, never making contact with her, herself.  Just the pants legs to tell her to back off. It wasn't a mistake on my part.

 Katie showed me once again that she will never allow the heat of the moment to harm me.  She has had opportunities to latch on and injure me but throughout her life with me, when it has come to a time she has to defend herself from an intruder, though I am there to close a door or whatever,  she never ever tries to hurt me or attack me.  Just loud warning.

I, mom, have said to anyone who will listen..Cats love their people as much as the people love their cat.  Cat parents know that, but those who have only other pets  of any kind will never know how to tell a cat loves their parent.  Mine proves it to me every single day and bedtime.  Cats do not behave nor think like other pets.  They are unique, as all animals are.  Judgement is passed on them because they don't bark, don't jump...show no pack animal ways, and in general, act like what they are.  A cat.     They don't make sound when they walk as they walk on furred feet that are very soft and soundless, yet they are called "sneaky".   They get low to the ground sometimes and they are again, called the human term, sneaky.  No. They are not,  They don't have thoughts of meanness and cruelty.   They aren't judgmental, they aren't aloof.  They love whoever loves them.

Just sayin.

24 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Katie Isabella,
PURRFECT PHOTO with a wonderful NOT long blog post!
Loved it and yes, I can under-write that as being a kitty mom to SIX.
But their fur feet do make a noise, that is if you have all wooden floors and tiles.
At least I can hear our Barty's nails and also Speckie-girl's nails.
Funny how any noise or talking (ours are ALL vocal!) can wake a kitty mom up.
Is Katie usually vocal? Or only with introoders?
Hugs,
Mariette

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I agree 200%!

The Whiskeratti said...

Katie, you are a very special ladycat. I'm sorry that introoder bothers you so much. Iagree with your mom completely. Cats are just their own animals and should be seen as such.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We agree too but we do understand human language just fine, most of the time we choose to ignore! That's a pretty photo sweet Katie!

pilch92 said...

You are a sweet girl. Sorry you have a stalker. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That would drive me over the edge. I think you showed great restraint.

Anonymous said...

TBT: Ayla hissed at me when I picked up the dead heaty mats that Iza used to lie on. It isn't that she wanted to sit on them, but I think she knew it related to Iza.

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

As l've always said..
"Dogs have owners..cats have staff". :o).

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Katie, we kitties know more than our humans realize sometimes... and it always surprises them a little when they find out.

My Mind's Eye said...

Katie Isabella the very last paragraph had me giving a standing ovation and a big Cheshire Cat Smile. No worries about those 'other' pet owners. Cat love is secret of all lovers of felines...how you show your love in a gazillion ways daily.
Hugs Cecilia

Anonymous said...

Great job guarding the house, KI. Some invader kitties just can't take a hint. Read the room, buddy!! I'm happy your mom didn't get herself into trouble. She needs you to look out for her safety. And you do a great job of that too!

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Pam and Teddy said...

Katie you and your Mom are very wise ladies. My Mom and I agree with everything you said and we know - as all kitty cat owners and their "children" (aka ME!) do, that cats are special, they make plain how they feel and don't try to hide that, and will show love to those who show it to them. Thanks for saying it out loud!! That introoder needs to get the message that you are NOT interested and find some other lady cat to court!!

Hugs, Teddy

Eastside Cats said...

Spraying their stink on your house is not good, Katie!
You were right to want to show that tom whatfor!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

We totally agree, Katie Isabella*paws up* You look very content, sweetie😸Clean Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

Tamago said...

That you never hurt your mom even when you are upset, it tells you are very thoughtful and love your mom! Those who say cats are not loving just have not had a chance to interact with them in a meaningful way.
Happy Caturday, Katie san. Stay safe and well xo

catladymac said...

Great post Katie's Mama !

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

A bloody great post

The J-Cats said...

Katie, who can blame you for being upset about that STALKER?! Some mancats just don't know that No means NO!!!
And in spite of all that stress, you took care not to hurt your Mommy! You are SUCH a good, sweet, loving girl!

meowmeowmans said...

Beautiful post, Katie and Mom. It's so clear how much you love each other. XO

John Bellen said...

I agree. When we are playing, some of my cats, especially Tucker, will grab my hand with their claws out. I just need to warn them, "Claws...claws..." and they stop, the claws go back in. They never mean any harm to those they love.

Mr Puddy said...

Miss Katie, You are hard to resist =^x^= That's why the tabby boy keeps calling you and sent you lots of love pee-notes ( Giggle )

I am so happy to hear you and your mom has a special bond. I do have a special bond with my mom too....a bossy one..MOL...so I don't do soundless walk when I want mommy to know Me, Puddy Boy is coming =^x^= I walked with claws on floor board so my mom can hear " TOK..TOK...TOK...TOK =^x^=

Thanks so much to prayers and purrs for me
Lots of love
xox

Puddy Boy

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

My mum and I have a strong bond too.

In our old house, there was a horrible male tabby that used to come up to our patio door and annoy me. He made fun of me because I'm an indoor cat.

So glad I don't see him anymore.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat (Katherine Kern) said...

I've thought of doing a second post about this topic. You read the first (https://www.mommakatandherbearcat.com/2018/12/do-cats-need-human-interaction-or-are.html). My idea for the second is more about me - why cats speak to me. More and more, I'm realizing that I'm like a cat. I don't trust easily. I'm a little stand-offish sometimes. Sometimes, if you don't know where to look, I might even seem like I don't care. But the truth is, that when I trust you, that's an unbreakable bond that I will defend fiercely and without shame. And you and your Mom have earned that unbreakable bond with me, Katie Isabella. I feel a bit foolish talking about it - but we will always have your back - and we hope you know just how much you and your Mom mean to us.

www.shelter-cats.com said...

Such a good and interesting story with important lessons. People don't talk about misplaced aggression when they describe human interactions, and yet it happens all the time. You are a sweet girl, Katie, never to forget your Mommy's love even in the heat of the moment.
Happy Mother's Day!
xxoo
Maggie