March 14, 2017

New Methods in My Repertoire

Kitties!  Several nights ago, I had slipped up to behind mom's pillow and went to sleep.  She already was asleep .  Then, becoming lonely in the middle of the night, I oozed down (her word, certainly not mine) and slid into place with my face right at her left ear.  So, I stuck my snooter into her ear.  That woke her up.  She  told Mario she could certainly hear my breathing very well, feel my whiskers sticking and tickling and worse she claims, the sound of me licking my lips.  I always lick them twice.  It's a Katie habit.

So there I was, snooter in her ear, breathing, licking my lips and everything, thinking she should be honored.  She laid there and so I became emboldened and I took both paws and placed them on either side of her ear.  I began kneading.  She let me knead several minutes and when it seemed I was not going to go to sleep anytime soon, she did something she never does.  She pulled the covers back and rose from the bed.  She went into the bathroom though there was no need-- and she later said she'd hoped that would discourage me from staying in that position and go  to my side of the bed.

That worked Kitties.  I know when I'm not wanted so I saw her to bed and then I rose, took my leave and I did NOT come back.

So there Mom.

NO pictures of this event as she was trapped there with me until she got up.  First time she has dared to disturb me!

24 comments:

  1. It was all probably just a bad dream pretty Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pretty darn rude of the Mom to get up when you were so comfy. Your poor kitty. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disturbed you!?!?! Outrageous behaviour I say!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't she know the First Rule ? NEVER disturb the sleeping (or resting) kitteh. We don't blame you at all for being offended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes moms are just not in the mood for a massage, Katie. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are shocked! We thought she was more well trained than that! Moms are always a work in progress aren't they, Katie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, we've learned that humans don't like their sleep disrupted no matter how cute we think we are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why katie--that was downright . . . well, **duplicitous** is what that was! That she would disturb you in your happy place when there was no need at all? Well, she's lucky you didn't march right out the door! (Wait--you didn't, did you???) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Katie it seems that your Mom tolerated everything up to the snooter/ear incident but the paws on ear was more than she could handle. I think you could add the snooter thing to your nighttime repertoire but paw/ear should stay off the list of "things to do at night"!!

    Hugs, Angel Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, snooter in the ear and kneading! What an honor indeed! I'm sure she felt that way, too, but maybe all that got too ticklish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Humans! They are so unappreciative of the things we do for them. She should have been honored and thrilled. She did tell M she thought it was precious tho and that you are such a precious sweetie. Thanks a lot, cuz now M wants me to do cute things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chloe Jo and I dance every night. I have to hold her and rub her tummy. Later she will go up and sleep on my pillow and my head. Of course, she always has to love Stella first. We all just let Chloe Jo have her way. After all, she is the "BabyCat". Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somewhere in there, you may have crossed the line, KI. Kneading her face may have done it. Sometimes, when I give Mom too many kisses, she says the word, "That's it. You're going to get a spankin'!" It sounds like "You're going to get some bacon," but I never get anything. It does trick me into stopping, tho. Moms are tougher to train than they seem.....

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such ingratitude can only be rewarded by an extra special effort on your part in the future. Take my advice, next time she feels the need to spurn you like that attach each little beautiful claw to a delicate part of her body and hang on for dear life! I believe that she will cease and desist once she realises your total devotion and that you will not be deterred! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just the worst when humans disturb us like that. That's when I sneeze in their face. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Katie girl, don't get us started about sleeping arrangements with the humans.

    Emma and Buster

    ReplyDelete
  17. A word to the wise should be sufficient Katie. Humans in general just aren't into having snooters in their ear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Little Maya does the kneading on my face too, but she doesn't retract her CLAWS ! Kitties need to have a bit of mercy on us !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this took me back to when Blain was a baby and would sleep with his bum on my head and his head on my chest

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmph. We can't believe Mommy did not appreciate your gift to her, Katie!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your meows, barks and snorgles and we'll appreciate every one. XXOO