May 21, 2016

The Eating Games

The Eating Games.  Let them begin. Kitties and woofies...once again, I have decided to claim that all my regular favorite flavors of wet catfud are no good AT all.  I refuse to eat more than a couple of listless bites and then, I find something else to do.  Like eat my dry fuds.  However, she won the battle sorta.  She served me a can of Royal Canin.  I about licked the blue off the bottom of the bowl I loved it so much.  At $1.55 a can, she really would rather not but anything to get me to eat. I love going on strike!  Then, to make mom feel worried even more--- I have been recently sleeping more and I don't feel like playing with her much.  She can hardly persuade me.  BUT!  While she is gone, I will move toys around many times and she can see my flying paw prints in the deep carpeting pile.  The house will be littered with paw prints so to speak, on our highly trackable carpet.  So she knows I'm not always lying about languidly  sniffing a lavender scented hanky or a vial of smelling salts.

The final fillip was... no Donkey in two nights.  That upped her concerns somewhat as well.  I like to keep her guessing!

Here are three pictures of the absolute Ruler of all three human brovvers and mom's heart back when my brovvers were little,  on upward to young men.  This is Robin, a six pound Tortie with a yellow paw and a yellow chin with a marbling of orange furs in her coat.  She reared the boys herself from her age of 7 weeks when she got here till she passed of CRF in 1998. She is the single most loved cat in the universe it seems to us.  When she left us for the Bridge the family ALL stayed bereft for years.   Mommy and I just wanted to commemorate her.

We in the family will see you again sweetest Robin along with Hopping John, Admiral, Katy,  (a brown tabby) and ExCalibur.  Miranda too and Blackie.

she was so tiny but so mighty a huntress

Helping brovver back in the day

Beloved precious Robin rest in peace little girl. 


22 comments:

  1. Robin is so precious in those pictures. It's nice to see a picture of her because M says she's heard so many nice things about her. Eat Katie - Eat! Our humans get very worried when we go on strike over anything. So EAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really keep your mom guessing, Katie san! I do hope you eat well, and hopefully Donkey will be back into action. Those are very lovely photos of sweet Robin. She was such a happy kitty cherished and loved dearly xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food my human feeds us it even MORE expensive than that Royal Canin, Katie - and my human complains a lot about it, too. Robin, being a tortie, took over your household, kind of like Binga does here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin was very pretty.
    I am like you and refuse every flavour my mum tries to tempt me with.
    I used to like Solitaire, trout flavour. Then my mum heard it was going out of production so she bought every can she could get her hands on.Of course I then told her it was the worst food in the world and she now has 75+ cans sitting in the garage. The shelter kitties will appreciate it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the not eating game is a FUN game. But it requires a delicate balance, else we find ourselves at the Stabby Place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin was a sweetie! Okay Katie, you best not be worrying the Mom. You need to eat your food dear girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, such sweet pictures of that little well-loved kidlet.

    P.S. Katie, don't be worrying your mom too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwwww, we love the pics of little Robin. What a sweetie.
    Katie, do you like the Vet?
    If not, you better eat or you will be visiting the Vet!
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robin was a very sweet girl. Thanks for sharing her pictures with us.

    Katie, you're worrying your mom...and you know what happens when she worries too much...you go to the vet! So stop worrying her, okay?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Katie Isabella,
    What a sweet contribution to Robin and tiny does not mean a lot.
    We too have one very tiny girl but she is feisty!
    Hope your appetite will soon be okay.
    Yes, kitties do show their humans what they like and dislike.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't be toooooo picky, darling!

    Hey, we love that computer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Katie I do that too....give Mom a fit when I refuse to eat my regular food but it's just my way of getting a change! It works. Mom will try all kinds of food to get me to eat.....Don't be too picky though as you NEED to eat something. It's good to keep our Moms on their toes but not too much...they get worried then. Robin looks like a beautiful kitty and we do miss our Bridge family every single day don't we? One day we'll join them but not yet....when we're really ready.

    Love and Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think all of past kitties live in your belly, KI. Mom always tells me her old dog, Smoki lives in my belly and helps me be a good girl. Plus she says Smoki better step up her game. Then she kisses my belly.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go Katie, to get some better tasting food. Maybe you were just having an off day. We do that sometimes. It is fun to see the pictures of the angel kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We keep M guessing too. What we liked for the last little while? Well, we don't like it now! M says "Pfft! I buy it by the case to save money so this is not helpy!"

    She seems to forget that we do not exist to help *her* but for her to help *us*! MOL!

    You always remember the "once upon a time" babies. M sometimes calls us the wrong name but we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Robin was beautiful. When a kitty is loved, they are never forgotten. After your Mom abandoned you on Mother's Day, I don't blame you for making her worry and spend more money on your food. I hope you feel OK though. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a little doll baby Robin was. We know she lives in your hearts always. Katie, you make your Mama worry a lot! You are most excellent at that...continue to eat only the most expensive food like we do . . . ;p

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. We had a kitteh just like Robin (Rachel), but she really did not like Bhu or our fluffy black kitteh Sofie. She was definitely a loner. Anyway, Bhu sometimes loses interest in his food, too, especially when he is constipated. -- Patty

    ReplyDelete
  19. That computer is state of the ark for sure! Katie, we have to keep the old bipeds on their widdle toes!! I'm glad to see you are carrying on the great tradition of those gone before and causing worry and consternation so they get out the really expensive noms!! I dunno, the things we have to do to get decent food!, ;-) ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  20. Robin was a little cutie pie! Our mommy squeed at her chin!

    We go on hunger strikes too especially after Mommy buys us a case of whatever she 'thought' we liked. She bought this stuff called Fortiflora and sprinkles it on our foods and we like it a little better. At least until we lick the Fortiflora off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is very purretty. We miss sis Lexi bunches too. Now, as fur dat eatin' sweet Katie. You have to do it. Mommy's worry so much 'bout those things. Sendin' purrayers.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Robin sure was beautiful, Katie. And it sounds like she let everyone know what was what!

    Please don't worry Mommy (and us) too much with the Eating Game, okay?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your meows, barks and snorgles and we'll appreciate every one. XXOO