November 9, 2013

New Tactic and...An Award!

Kitties, I have finally adopted what many of you do, to roust up my mom on any given morning.

I am getting her up at 0630 as I always did now that I have adjusted to the time change (Fall Back).  However I can tell she does not wish to get up when I want her to.  This morning I went through my indexed book of "Cat Tactics for getting Them Out of Bed" and I happened on chapter 8.  I have no idea how I kept missing that chapter and the valuable information it contains.

I followed it exactly Kitties, and it worked.  I despaired of it working however.  I had crept up the bed softly and put my face up against hers as always.  However, chapter 8 states "Lick their eyelids" so I did.  Amazingly, that did not bring a response.  (Mom here: Oh yes it did!  I was trying with all my might not to react to the eyelid thing, but it was awful) So, following outlined procedure I laid down with my back facing her,  backing right up against her chest and chin as close as I could make it.  She later mentioned she felt my heart beating for the first time ever.  That's how tightly up against her I was.  My Tuxie body was warm and the purring was my extra touch to charm her.  Adding my heartbeat was genius.  Thank you chapter 8!

Well, she continued to be asleep (Mom here: I desperately wished for sleep) so I went to chapter 9.  It instructed that one walk carefully and politely around the human's head and settle against the human on the other side..purring loudly and being sweet as sugar.  Voila!  Her arm came out of the covers and over to me to enfold me.  Ahhhh....TOUCHDOWN!  Breakfast within  minutes!  Mission Accomplished.   The End.


Kitties, Nerissa, of Nerissa'slife gave me an award.  The MOUSES! Award.  See?


Mouses!  I never expected THAT!  But I am honored to have it and I thank Nissy for it.  Here's a Tuxie smooch too, Nissy!  One must use the word Mouses! in their bloggie and of course thank the kitty who gave it to them.  In my case it was Nissy who is celebrating his second Blogaversary!  Go congratulate him on this achievement.  I will pass it to Niko and Goro San on Gorogoronikonniko site.

xxoo


30 comments:

  1. Hmmm... chapters 8 and 9...

    GENIUS!

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will happen tomorrow Katie - have you read chapter 10 yet to be ready in case of pitfalls?
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on teh award, Miss Katie!

    As for the tactic, it leaves us a little puzzled. We love staying in bed with #1 and if, for some reason, she gets up earlier than usual, we stay in bed!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate that wakeup tactic is the best of all. I must use it sometime myself, if I can only remember your instructions. he he You are a master at this wake-up stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good info in Chapter 8 Miss Katie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure sounds like a purrfect book Katie. We will have to try some of those tactics on our Person although she is pretty easy to wake up. Congrats on the award from Nissy. That is a nice one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very clever (and sweet) kitty, Katie, and congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh heh heh I'm glad my boys haven't read chapter 8 yet :-) But I'd love to feel their heartbeats. That's actually wonderful your mom felt it!
    Congratulations on your mousie award! And thank you so much for sharing it with us!! Goro and Niko are so lucky to have you as a friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Concats on the award Katie Isabella, and on the successful use of Chapters 8 and 9, MOL

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm surprised Binga hasn't tried this! But then, NOTHING ever gets my human out of bed before she wants to get up… unless she has to go to the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, you're a doll, I can't imagine anyone being upset to have you wake them up, no matter what your tactics. Congratulations on your award

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. We've got to get our paws on that book! Tutu has licked Mommy's eyelids and Mommy couldn't stop giggling.
    Congratulations on your Mouses award, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chapters 8 and 9 are such amazing and important ones, Katie. We are glad you found success with those techniques, sweet one. :)

    ConCATS on your award!

    Hugs to you and Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie
    Does Chapter 10 talk about batting them on the head with a slow paw until they get up? I do this when I Mom doesn't rouse fast enough.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a good strategy Katie. I sit beside mum's head and purr my very loud purr. Mum is not very good in the morning, she is a night person so dad gives me a cuddle instead.
    Concats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still say bite her eye. She'll be up in a flash. BTW, I wasn't at Nipclub and may quit. I did go to your timeline to see the autocorrects. TW just unclicked the autocorrect on our computer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Guido goes for the bitey; I will tell him about chapters 8 and 9!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, we're gonna hafta try that eyelid licking trick. Thanks for letting us know about it.

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie, I don't know about reading the book! You wrote the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that one has got around quick.. :-)
    You deserve it babes, cos your such a babe :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read that boom too , but I liked the movie better pretty Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're such a sweet and gentle girl. Usually I just wait politely till the Human wakes up, but sometimes I just leaps across the bed a few times and that does the job. No reason to risk unwanted snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done on the Mouses award Katie! Nissy makes the BESTEST awards doesn't he?

    Kitty hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  24. It sounds like you're mastering the art of waking up your human. When I want to wake up mine, I walk on her and meow until she pets me, MOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good job sweet Katie. You followed those instructions well and got your breakfast and some loves. Kudos!! Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those are some pawsome tactics you used on your mom. We have it easy 'cause we just tag team ours. MOL! Concats as well on your award. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your meows, barks and snorgles and we'll appreciate every one. XXOO