August 16, 2013

Foster Friday

No Kitties, I don't have any foster kittens or cats here because I am horribly territorial of my mommy.  NO one is allowed even to be across the street you may remember, never mind at my door or goodness forbid, IN my home.  But, I told mom she could take it from here.

Mom here:  I know I am preaching to the choir with this next paragraph or two but today when I went to get Katie some fuds, there were two large multilevel wire cages in the pet store with many babies inside.  There was one cage just for two kittens who are sisters, needing socialization.  The other cages had perhaps 8 more kittens, maybe 10.  Precious little 8 weeks old innocent little ones well taken care of by the Feral Cat Society nearby.  I stayed and talked and patted some.  The sisters needed more socialization and were afraid of me but quietly so.  The lady I spoke to of three who were there took one girl out and laid her in her arm.  The little girls ears were back but other than that, she "said" nothing.  The woman who was showing her to me said how desperate they are for foster homes.  I told her I would speak to my friends and try to find someone and God bless her tender heart, tears ran down her face.

I have deep appreciation for all who foster these babies in their homes and work so hard for their welfare.  They tale responsibility and care for kittens and cats who are here on this earth  through no fault of their own--- but through "owners" who will NOT spay and neuter their cats.  And I wish Vets would charge half of what they do for that particular procedure! All of you furriends who foster, as does Random Felines for example are deep in my heart with appreciation.  I apologize for not being able to think of the others, as I know there are plenty in our CB community.  I'm in a hurry to get to Knoxville and I have to leave in a few..so forgive my not mentioning all of the wonderful fostering families we have.  You are worth your weight in gemstones!  The most precious gems too, because all of YOU are precious gems too.  Seeing that woman's tears pierced my heart.  Blessings on her and the others and all of the people who work so hard every day to help the helpless.  Thank you.  I have tears right now.

These are sisters who were dumped outside by a landlord when their owner passed away.

These babies are very playful and dear.

Same kitties.  I could not get a picture of the three house panfers in the next cage over.





29 comments:

  1. I so wish I could foster a kitty, but
    living here, it's not allowed. I feel blessed to have Kassey here, my rescue girl.
    I does hurt to see all those homeless babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is animal Cruelty!! I wish I could hope those poor kitties! But I saved 2 cats that I have now (Star&Saphira) both girls.Who dumps off poor cats?!?! That makes me very angry!!!!!!! Save the kitties NOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TW wishes we could foster like my Aunt Karen does but, like you, I am territorial of my Pop. We tried with Isabel but as soon as Pop came home, I went for her. Aunt Karen has a big house and she fosters as many as 20 cats at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - we know you wouldn't let your mom do this, but getting the word out to others who might be able to help is a wonderful thing. We can attest - fostering brings so much more joy than work. It is short term and most organizations supply everything anyone would need. It can be heartbreaking sometimes, but seeing an animal come out of its shell and then find their forever home is a reward without words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire and respect those who can provide foster homes. So many kitties (and others) are homeless through no fault of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With Tutu around, it would be impossible to bring in another cat for fostering. But I know Boomie would LOVE to be Uncle Boomer to another baby. His last baby (Tutu) is all grown up now and his best friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I greatly admire all who do foster work. It's invaluable. I am pretty sure I would be one giant foster failure (because I'd want to adopt the all, and then there would be no room for the temporaries) but I am so appreciative of those who can do this.

    Katie, are you following my new bloggie, Purr Therapy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so kind of you to talk to that dear woman and take photos of the kitties in need. Thank you for doing what you could - sharing their story! Every little thing helps! Purrs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those who foster are truly angels here on earth!

    I hope your post will be seen by someone who will be able to take those girls and give them a chance.

    Thank you Katie for sharing your blog with mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. People that foster cats and kittens are worth their weight in gold. It sure helps the cats find a home so much better than the poor ones that are stuck in the shelters. I hope all those kitties find some good homes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have the greatest appreciation and respect for those who do foster work. My heart gets me in trouble and I'm afraid I would be hard pressed to let any kitty go who came into my home. But we hope more kittens find good foster homes until their forever homes become available.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in awe of the humans who do such a wonderful job of fostering and socializing kitties! When my human went to the NKLA Grand Opening last weekend, she was so impressed by how sweet and friendly the kittens were - and that all boils down to great fostering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. we haz de HIGHEST regard for thoz who foster...de food serviss purrson wants ta due this at ree tire mint...trubull is her wood haza hard time lettin de kittehs go.... we noe itz knot eazee...may St francis guide de wee kittehs yur mom saw katie, two ther for evers home yet this month N heerz two a grate week oh end !!~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. We appreciate the wonderful work that all those who foster the kitties do. Mum would have liked to foster but she knows it would upset me as I get so mad if I as much as smell that a strange kitty has been around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post. I have at times thought about fostering, but since the health isn't the greatest, and I'm not sure how Mario would do, it's best not to. Like you, I'm upset with people who don't get their cats spayed and neutered. And - those two sisters are adorable. What an awful thing to happen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fosters are just the best! Sister Gracie had a wonderful foster lady. I sure hope those sweeties get some terrific help soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet, sweet post. That dear lady must have a big heart. Yes, rescue workers and fosters are such wonderful people. It is truly amazing that in this day and age people still don't spay or neuter and are also still abandoning their pets. So heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are all beautiful but those stripey sisters are particularily striking!
    We have such admiration for foster people too. We wish all could have a home one day and live lives of comfort and safety like us blogosphere kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable! I live a bit far away but we take in every stray that comes along. To bad you are so territorial, Miss Katie! :) Most Queen Felines are ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. We agree...those peeps that foster kitties are angels! Where would we be without them??

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not all of us can foster, Katie. As you hear many of us in comments, a lot of us would like to be able to foster, but have circumstances that prevent it. Our house is very small, and we don't have a room to safely isolate fosters in. If you can't foster, there are other ways to help... through volunteering with local rescues who need help for other things, driving for transports, and spreading the word that help is needed and that spay/neuter is important.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet little ones, I hope they find some wonderful forever homes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amen. This can't be said often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How I wish I could foster kittens and kitties, but there is a little problem called Julie. She doesn't like unknown, and even known, kitties in HER house either!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now I have tears and wish I could foster them all. Poor babies I pray they all get homes and have long happy lives. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great post. We are going to add our thanks to all the foster families. Calista's sisters, DeeDee and Ellie, have become "failed" fosters and will be staying put. We know our mommy wants to foster, but Mauricio is so jealous that she fears it would come to a bad end. The two kitties that were put out in the street by that mean landlord shame on him) have such gorgeous furs! Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Guilietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a special "wish" for the landlord that dumped the sisters on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have always admired the people who take in foster animals, too. All my life I have taken in unwanted critters, but I usually kept them all. I found homes for a few when I was kind of overrun. Some apartments I have lived in (including this one) has a limit of one cat--so Karma doesn't have to worry about sharing me, either. ;)
    Bless those folks!! I hope all those kitties find new homes!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your meows, barks and snorgles and we'll appreciate every one. XXOO