June 6, 2013

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time when mom brought me here, it was very easy to see what my life here would be like.

When I was brought out to her to meet, you may recall that when I was settled into her arms there at the v-e-t office, I started non -stop biscuit making.  I purred like a swarm of bees and still made biscuits on her face, chest, arms, stomach, whereever my kneading paws could reach.  When I was given back to the tech for the weekend while mom thought about it (Admiral had only been gone a few weeks)...I looked almost longingly at her as I was carried back to my cage.

Mom came to get me Monday morning and brought me home.  I never panicked.  I walked around a  little a bit and got on the sofa.  I stayed completely awake and alert ALL day up till the time mom went to bed.  But during the day light hours mom could not move without me coming to her to be picked up and loved.  I had moved to the floor so I could have easy access to mommy.  I needed constant love and attention.  I never stopped purring-- and my breathing was so fast mom got alarmed but I purred constantly and couldn't stop headbonking her.  Still I never slept or closed my eyes.

I stayed awake from 8 in the morning when mom got me to bring me home till sometime in the night, when I found the bedroom and when mom made to turn over in the deep dark nitenite time, I was stretched full length along her back sound and deeply asleep.

I trusted my new mommy enough to get into our bed  all on my own and I just about went into a coma I was so very very tired from being wide awake and taking everything in all day.  Mommy felt my warm little Katie body stretched out along her and when she started a slow turn over, I was so deeply sleeping I slid into her place...still out like a light.  Mom had to get up and walk to the other side of the bed to lie down for the rest of the night.  She tried to gather me close to her stomach so we could spoon.

I got up just before her and showed that I had used the litterbox she had shown me several times.  Mommy gave me a huge breakfast. I ate with gusto and gave every bit back.  That was the beginning of my horking habit.

Mom was reminiscing though about how trusting and totally loving I was when I came here to live and she guessed that whom ever I was with prior to being made to be fostered and then to the Vet's office must have loved me very much.

I am the most loving, dearest, sweetest natured quiet and friendly kitty she has knows.  The Admiral was that way with mommy and favorite brother but NO one else.  Me, I love everyone.

Mommy just told me to celebrate my dear life with my story again and she said she would help me find a picture from back then.

My official portrait to announce me to mom's Flickr friends. 

47 comments:

  1. We love this story! We think you and your Mommy saved each other.

    Have a great Thursday, sweet Katie. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is delightful. I love reading about kitties who become so attached to their people right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I think you are what humans sometimes refer to as "velcro kitties." Your human is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful story. Both you and your mom are very lucky to have found each other.

    Purrs,
    Cindi Lou & the Kitty Krew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear girl, we were so happy when you came to live with your mummy. I think she needed you, and you needed her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Miss Katie! You remind me a little bit of ME! I was not a rescue and was brought by plane by my breeder to #1 who waited for me at the airport. But when she took me in her arms, I too started making endless biscuits and purring, and I have never stopped! And I too love everybody! But I don't do the "h" word...

    Big Purrs,
    Genji

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that day just like it was yesterday. Admiral knew just when to guide your Mommy your way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Katie this is such a SWEET story but my favorite part is it has a super happy ending with you and your Mommy being so happy together. Isn't it GRAND?????

    Kitty Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. PepiSmartDog:
    What a lovely story! Your looking very beautiful in your portrait piccie.
    Sure everyone can see why your mom loves you so much. Hope your able to join Thankful Thursday again this week.
    I'm going to follow reading your story each week. :=o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy is like you Katie and can hork to order and then 5 minutes later eat another meal and Mum wonders if she eats too fast sometimes.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for putting into words the bonds we make with animals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful heard-warming story! When we brought Gracie home, she went bounding out of her carrier to explore and used the litter box about five minutes after her arrival. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Katie, I really think that was a two way street. Your Mommy loved you as much as you loved her. You are such a good girl to be so friendly to everyone. Thanks for that nice reminder of when you came home. That was such a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet, sweet story! We love purr-fect endings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a great gotcha story katie; I love it...I am very happy fate brought both you and your mom together at the exact right time !!! I have a bit of a gotcha story in my family tree posting for tomorrow, though it's not as good as yours...hugs girl from dai$y =^..*=

    ReplyDelete
  16. Star says, "You are so gorgeous, it's no wonder your mom couldn't resist you! I sure can't! I'll be right over to groom your beautiful furs!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your story very much. You and your mom are really meant to be together! Goro was like you when he came to live with us...he needed much love and attention, and purred non-stop :-)
    You are truly loving and sweet girl. I love your official portrait. Red color really look good with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just knew you and Mom would be purrfect together, yep, never any doubt pretty Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie, we love you both so furry much. I think you were God sent, a little angel to help your mommy through the time ahead. He is most wise to have chosen you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful story of your new homes beginnings. You and your Mom are so lucky to have each other. I believe Admiral is looking down and purring her approval.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Erm, you do know you're giving me a bad name, dontcha? Just meowin'. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are so happy you found your forever home with your mom, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Katie you are just the sweetest kitty and we are so glad that Admiral led your Mom to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful story, Katie. You knew right away that you had found the purrfect furever home. We think there definitely is some sort of psychic connection between humans and their cats 'cause each seem to know right where they belong. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at The Cat on My Head, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww sweetie - that sure was your lucky day to be chosen by Admiral for her mom's next furbaby. Your mom loves you as much you love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww beautiful and utterly adorable Ms Katie Isabella!! Awwww we love love love reading how you chose your wonderful Mum and forever family and how you didn't sleep on your first day with them but then soon settled down beautifully!! We are so so happy for you and your fabulous family! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yours is such a sweet story Katie! You obviously knew straight off that your furrever home was a safe and loving place!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. You both are very lucky to find each other!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Katie, we don't know who's luckier...your mom for finding you...or you for finding your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. We love your story Katie! We're so happy you and your mom found each other - with Admiral's help of course!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your coming home forever story made us all smile our biggest Eskie smiles and wiggy-wag with happiness. There is nothing more perfect than knowing you are where you were destined to be, we totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well, Katie, you are most definitely a special kitteh with a most special mom! xxoo Patty & Bhu

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, Katie, we remember when your mom brought you home, how you took over her bed and bombmitted all over everything. She was in awe of you and you handled her with such grace!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is a wonderful and true love story, we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aw, Katie, that is just beautiful and lovely and perfect. You and Mommy were meant to be together, and for that we are so happy. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are one special kitty, Katie Isabella!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aw, Katie, it's a wonderful story. Yes, you both saved each other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awww, it is good u luv ur Mom so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Katie!
    You has lovely story of your mummy to be together When her's arme's stomach is ok ?
    You never has pancked? you must has tile I has deeply asleep When a after I has showed Mummy gave me. Creak-fast that was your horking habit..
    Mum said when I had fostered the vet's office must loved very much. Your loving the Admiral was that way with Mummy and favorite brother but no one else I love Admiral too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was like that too - from the first moment, I loved my Mummy and curled up, purring like a tractor, in her arms. And I'm like that with almost everyone who loves Me. But Trixie is much more cautious about who she lets pick her up and love her - even with Mummy. Maybe it's because I was so much younger when I adopted Mummy.

    Caspurr the Tigger Cat

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such a lovely story. My mum sniffed as she read it.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are such a sweet girl. You and your mum are lucky to have found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  43. That was so nice to read again.

    I think you must have known from the very moment you saw your mommy that she was the mommy for you.

    Purrs,
    Nissy

    ReplyDelete
  44. Well, Queen Katie Isabella, I know you are *much* *MUCH* more selective with the ManCats than you are with the Humans....right? Right? Do I need to come over there again tonight? Cause, you know, I will be happy to. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  45. We celebrate yer purrfect lovin of yer Bein... Keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your meows, barks and snorgles and we'll appreciate every one. XXOO